I would like to present my hand painted oil on canvas painting (recreation) of the artwork THE LAST GAME. I made this piece with the same amount of soul and emotion just like the first original painting. This piece is created with oil paint on artistic canvas using my unique technique of a palette knife. The artwork has texture, you can feel the strokes by touching the painting. By purchasing on this site, you are buying directly from the artist Leonid Afremov. I guarantee your satisfaction and the best customer experience.
The certificate of authenticity will include the name of the owner who purchased the piece of artwork. The certificate is signed by Leonid Afremov. If you buying this painting as a gift, please provide us the name of the gift recipient for the certificate. We can also ship to the address of the recipient of your gift.
about this painting:
THE LAST GAME
The unknown drama
Still life is a peculiar genre. It is commonly thought to be very (or even too) calm and quite, lacking in mystery and emotions. There is no denying that it’s fair enough in many cases, but there are no rules without exceptions.
Take this oil painting, for example. It is not about a couple of nice inanimate objects. There is some drama behind them, and the whole picture seems very emotional, if not to say passionate. What happened? Whose game is it? Has the drama turned into a tragedy?
What is so interesting in still life oil paintings?
Sure, we do not mean that the classical idea of fruit compositions is pointless. The genre is remarkable in many ways:
- It givesa new angle on ordinary things. We usually don’t notice how beautiful the simplest objects are, both natural or human-made.
- It usually has a symbolic meaning. There is a hidden message in every flower or a candle depicted. For those who like this kind of riddles, still-life art is a source of inspiration and searching.
- Still life art is perfect in the sense of play of light and shadow. There is hardly a genre that has achieved more in this area.
These are general advantages, but if we are talking about this very picture, we should add a lot more.
What is so interesting in this picture?
That’s a question you have probably answered yourself, but we’d like to share our viewpoint:
- Unlikemany other still life artists, Leonid Afremov’s works are always thought-provoking. If one usually doesn’t ponder on the drama of two apples and a bunch of flowers in the picture, this composition definitely tells an exciting story.
- The vivid colors convey emotional tension in a very precise way. It seems like the whole picture is going to catch fire – or maybe that’s the gambler’s life breaking into flames.
- The picture is very energetic and looks like a slice of life – a risky but exciting life.
If you are into dramatic art full of emotions and inner struggle, this painting seems to be a perfect option for you, even if you disapprove of gambling and taking risks.