YELLOW ON BLUE - PALETTE KNIFE Oil Painting On Canvas By Leonid Afremov
The official online virtual gallery of Leonid Afremov
Here you can purchase oil on canvas paintings directly
- Size: 30"x24" (75cm x 60cm)
- Signature: Signed on the front and back
- Certification: Signed COA provided
- Materials: Palette Knife, Oil Paint, Canvas
We would like to present hand painted oil on canvas painting (recreation) of Afremov's artwork mentioned in the title. This art piece made by Leonid Afremov Studio with the same amount of soul and emotion just like the first original painting. The piece is created with oil paint on artistic canvas using Afremov's unique technique of a palette knife. The artwork has a lot of texture, you can feel the strokes by touching this painting. By purchasing on our site, you are buying directly from Leonid Afremov Studio. We guarantee your satisfaction and the best customer experience.
The artwork is signed on the back and on the front. The certificate of authenticity will include the name of the owner who purchased the piece of artwork. The certificate is signed by Leonid Afremov Studio. If you are buying this painting as a gift, please provide us the name of the gift recipient for the certificate. We can also ship to the address of the recipient of your gift.
about this painting:
YELLOW ON BLUE
Laws of beauty
We perceive an artwork as a complete creation, not a sum of colors, images and their proportions. However, our perception is largely determined by laws of optics that can either make a painting unfathomably enticing or ruin it. And although artists mostly use these laws spontaneously, following a haunch, they are well-studied and determined in ready formulas that you can use to enhance your work. This amazing still life by Leonid Afremov called ‘Yellow on Blue’ is an example of paintings that benefit from reasonable use of the color wheel. Let’s take a closer look at it and find out which principles it is based on.
Strong yet delicate contrast
- The first thing we notice here is that the palette of the painting consists mainly of two colors - blue and yellow. These colors oppose each other in the color wheel creating a very strong, vibrant contrast that catches the eye.
- There are also other shades emphasizing this contrast and making the picture more lifelike and sophisticated. Some petals are orange and red; the artist added those refreshing strokes to invigorate and detail his composition. In the background, we see lovely gradations of blue that go from very gentle, almost transparent, to deep indigo, almost black. This gives depth and perspective to the picture.
- Finally, there is also a lot to say about the technique used by the artist. He doesn’t try to capture every detail. Instead, he builds his composition using strokes of various size and thickness that cover the entire canvas like a patchwork. A similar style was used by Impressionists in the early 20th century and this tradition is marvelously interpreted by Leonid Afremov in a contemporary manner.
Lovely picture for your home
Theory aside, this is simply a beautiful still life that will look great in any room. You can use it on both pastel-shade and vibrantly colored walls to add an invigorating touch to your interior. These yellow flowers on a blue background will make an enticing adornment for a spacious living room, cozy kitchen or even your bedroom. It’s up to you where to hang it, but whatever option you choose, they will fit in nicely with the rest of your wall decor and create a bright focal point immediately drawing the eye of anyone who enters the room. Visit our online gallery for more works by Leonid Afremov and discover the world of his beautiful art!
We accept payments via Paypal and major credit/debit cards. All transactionsare done through a secure connection which ensures absolute safety. We guarantee the inviolability of your private information. Your personal data is encrypted and not stored anywhere after the payment was completed. We will not share your information with any other third-party site nor company. With us, your personal information remains strictly confidential. After your payment is received, you will get a confirmation email.
SHIPPING IS FREE TO ANY PLACE IN THE WORLD!
To deliver you order, we use UPS and DHL shipping services for shipping around the world. We can send your painting to any location in the world, the only restriction on the delivery process is Customs legislation of your country.
You will receive an email from the shipping manager with all the details about your purchase within 2 days after your payment.
USA, Canada and Mexico
Shipping is free for Artistic Canvas and Meusuem wrapped paintings to USA, Canada and Mexico.
All other countries
Shipping is free internationally only for Artistic Canvas paintings.
If you wish to have a gallery wrapped painting to be shipped internationally, it costs $50 extra per every 3 paintings. You need to purchase the shipping separately from the order by this link.
If you shall have any questions or doubts about the delivery process, feel free to contact your delivery manager for more details.