The certificate of authenticity will include the name of the owner who purchased the piece of artwork. The certificate is signed by Leonid Afremov. If you buying this painting as a gift, please provide us the name of the gift recipient for the certificate. We can also ship to the address of the recipient of your gift.
THE RHYTHM OF THOUGHTS
Silent beauty of things
The genre of still-life is considered to be nearly extinct. Looking nice and aesthetically appealing, a mere arrangement of fruits, dishes and other decorative elements can’t seem to provide a sufficient depth of meaning or evoke any strong emotions in a viewer. However, Leonid Afremov proves it wrong. On this delicate, very soft-shaded and irresistibly charming picture, he painted a carefully selected set of objects all reminiscent of art, beauty and spirituality.
Looking retro and fragile, like a yellowed photo taken in the last century, this lovely still life features a bundle of daisies in a tall glass vase, three apples placed accurately next to each other, a finely cut violin made from light wood and a pile of books with a glass of red wine on top. Everything is painted in gentle sepia shades, with speckles of red, lilac and blue appearing here and there to add contrast and perspective. Using his favorite Impasto technique, Afremov fills the background with small taps of paint applied in layers to create a textured surface. We can’t really distinguish the outlines of the objects, they get dissolved in a dreamy golden mist surrounding the table. Silent and thoughtful, they invite us to sit down for a moment, close our eyes and just listen to the voice of our inner selves.
Interior design tips
- Still lifes are traditionally used in living and dining rooms; this one will fit perfectly into any interior, from a bright colorful kitchen designed in contemporary style to a classic wood-based parlor.
- For better visual appeal, hang it on a cream-colored or dark-brown wall, preferably plain.
- Go with an ochre-colored wood frame or dark gold imitation.
- Being rather soft-shaded, the painting requires sufficient lighting, otherwise its fine details might be lost to the eye.
- If you’re out of picture frame ideas, you can also hang it frameless going for a more modern look.
Breathing with peace and harmony, this refined sample of fine art will fill your home with comfort and warmth. Make it a centerpiece of your living room and find inspiration in its quiet yet so strikingly profound beauty.