I would like to present my hand painted oil on canvas painting (recreation) of the artwork KISS IN ST. PETERSBURG. I made this piece with the same amount of soul and emotion just like the first original painting. This piece is created with oil paint on artistic canvas using my unique technique of a palette knife. The artwork has texture, you can feel the strokes by touching the painting. By purchasing on this site, you are buying directly from the artist Leonid Afremov. I guarantee your satisfaction and the best customer experience.
The certificate of authenticity will include the name of the owner who purchased the piece of artwork. The certificate is signed by Leonid Afremov. If you buying this painting as a gift, please provide us the name of the gift recipient for the certificate. We can also ship to the address of the recipient of your gift
about this painting:
THE KISS PAINTING
Romance of the famous city
St. Petersburg is a wonderful and old Russian city. Once you’ve visited it, you want to come back over and over again. It’s covered in mystery and legends. People call it the second capital and the most romantic city of Russia. Every married couple in St.Petersburg would like to have their own kiss picture in the middle of Palace Square or even the kiss painting.
The heart of St. Petersburg
The Palace Square is the heart of St. Petersburg. Its beautiful architectural ensemble consists of:
- The Alexander Column,which is located in the very center of the Square. An interesting fact about it is that it’s set so well that no attachment to the ground is needed;
- The main building of the ensemble isthe picturesque Winter Palace constructed in the baroque style, which gave the Square its name;
- On the eastern side the building, the former Royal Guards' General Staff tastefully closes the panorama of Palace Square;
- On the southern side of the Square there’saclassical yellow-and-white building of the former Imperial Army General Staff. The building encircles the Southern side of the square and combines a central arch, designed as a Triumphal Arch after the ancient architecture of the Classical World;
- On the West the square is bordered by the Admiralty and the Admiralty Garden.
Palace Square as a whole looks very elegant as all of its elements were constructed in one style.
The beginning of the journey
On the foreground of the oil painting we see a loving couple. It’s their wedding day. The Palace Square is one of the most popular places for a wedding photo shoot. That is probably why the artist decided to make the first kiss painting as that of a newly-wed couple right there, in the middle of the Square.
Building a family is a very difficult process. You always need to work on yourself and your relationships. You need to have plenty of patience and respect for your better half. However, it’s absolutely worth it. After some time when you have children, you completely understand why any relationship you had before didn’t work out. During those times when you have any difficulties understanding each other or if you just get tired of your monotonous daily life together, look at your kiss picture or the kiss painting of you two and remember all the feelings you experienced at the beginning of your journey together, on your wedding day.