I would like to present my hand painted oil on canvas painting (recreation) of the artwork VENICE - GRAND CANAL. I made this piece with the same amount of soul and emotion just like the first original painting. This piece is created with oil paint on artistic canvas using my unique technique of a palette knife. The artwork has texture, you can feel the strokes by touching the painting. By purchasing on this site, you are buying directly from the artist Leonid Afremov. I guarantee your satisfaction and the best customer experience.
The certificate of authenticity will include the name of the owner who purchased the piece of artwork. The certificate is signed by Leonid Afremov. If you buying this painting as a gift, please provide us the name of the gift recipient for the certificate. We can also ship to the address of the recipient of your gift.
about this painting:
Venice- Grand Canal
The Power of Thoughts
Did you know that you can have a chance every day to enjoy a fantastic view of the Grand Canal located in one of the most beautiful and romantic places, Venice, by simply purchasing this wonderful painting and hanging it in your home? Yes, it is that simple! Have you ever been there yet? If so, this beautiful piece of art will definitely awaken some good memories about your journey there. If you still haven’t been there but really wanted to visit it one day, this painting can be a very good motivation for you! Imagine how every day you wake up and see this outstanding cityscape hanging on your wall! Don’t underestimate the power of our brain! It can do amazing things! If you really want something, it will definitely come true. You just need to make a little effort!
Some Interesting Facts about Venice
- Venice is one of the most beautiful and most romantic cities on the planet. More than one hundred seventy canals separate the one hundred and eighteen islands on which Venice is located. The Grand Canal is the largest of them and is the main waterway there which divides the city into two parts. There are about four hundred bridges in Venice.
- Some scenes from such famous movies as Casino Royale and The Tourist were shot in Venice. Angelina Jolie, for instance, had to learn to drive several kinds of speedboats for this movie.
- Gondolas are widely-known all over the world and are the symbol of Venice. Six people can easily fit in one of them. The only female gondolier in the world lives in Venice.
- Venice is a city free of cars and busses. Water busses (vaporettos) and gondolas are the only public transport there.
- Venice is a birthplace of carnival masks, which in the 17th century were forbidden by the Catholic Church. However, they’ve always been an integral part of any festive event, even in present days.
- You can see Venice not only in Italy, but also in America. A tobacco millionaire Abbot Kinney acquired some coastland near Los Angeles where he built his little Venice with its own chain of canals. You can see one more Venice in Las Vegas. It is a hotel-casino with its own canals and singing gondolas.
What do you say now? Are you ready to visit this amazing place? Just hang this wonderful painting on your wall, and your mind will do the rest of the job!