I would like to present my hand painted oil on canvas painting (recreation) of the artwork SIGHT FROM ABOVE. I made this piece with the same amount of soul and emotion just like the first original painting. This piece is created with oil paint on artistic canvas using my unique technique of a palette knife. The artwork has texture, you can feel the strokes by touching the painting. By purchasing on this site, you are buying directly from the artist Leonid Afremov. I guarantee your satisfaction and the best customer experience.
The certificate of authenticity will include the name of the owner who purchased the piece of artwork. The certificate is signed by Leonid Afremov. If you buying this painting as a gift, please provide us the name of the gift recipient for the certificate. We can also ship to the address of the recipient of your gift
about this painting:
SIGHT FROM ABOVE
Even if you are afraid of heights, there is one important advantage of living on the top floor – you can get a beautiful bird’s-eye view of the entire city. Spread below like a giant map, it looks unusual and fascinating. This colorful ocean of roofs with specks of green foliage here and there seems to flow over the horizon and carries you away on its shiny tiled waves. And the sky is so spacious and so close that you feel like standing on the very top of the world. Using bright oil paint and a palette knife, Leonid Afremov created a lovely panorama of sun-lit houses in the old part of a picturesque European city.
- Depicted in a simplified decorative manner, the houses look unrealistic as if made of cardboard.
- The painting is rather reserved both in terms of the palette and stroke arrangement.
- The artist uses just five basic colors: red, yellow, brown, green and blue.
- Resonating with each other, these colors create a very cozy and eye-friendly pattern that radiates peace and harmony.
- There is a sense of movement in the sky conveyed through the direction of strokes.
- There is an interesting contrast between the dark stormy clouds and the calm sunlight surrounding the houses.
- The house in the lower right corner is painted in the same shades as the sky.
The magic of oils
One of the greatest pleasures of every art lover is to unroll the newly arrived canvas, admire its palette and texture for the first time and breathe in a delightful smell of fresh oil paint. Photoshop and printed art can’t give you the same emotions. Hand-painted art is alive, it talks to you from the wall and involves you into the scene as your eyes travel around the canvas eagerly absorbing its bright colors and edgy strokes. That’s why it is always best to decorate your home with authentic paintings created by a human hand rather than a computer program. Check out our online gallery hosting hundreds of paintings by famous contemporary artist Leonid Afremov. Their sparking colors and positive mood won’t let you go without buying one!