I would like to present my hand painted oil on canvas painting (recreation) of the artwork RAY CHARLES. I made this piece with the same amount of soul and emotion just like the first original painting. This piece is created with oil paint on artistic canvas using my unique technique of a palette knife. The artwork has texture, you can feel the strokes by touching the painting. By purchasing on this site, you are buying directly from the artist Leonid Afremov. I guarantee your satisfaction and the best customer experience.
The certificate of authenticity will include the name of the owner who purchased the piece of artwork. The certificate is signed by Leonid Afremov. If you buying this painting as a gift, please provide us the name of the gift recipient for the certificate. We can also ship to the address of the recipient of your gift.
about this painting:
Ray Charles 2
Listening to the master
Ray Charles 2 is a painting which, like many other paintings by Leonid Afremov, is filled with a very rich palette of colors. That adds some elated mood to the painting. The fans of the famous musician will be surprised by the phenomenal similarity of the image with the musician. Leonid tried to convey not only the general mood of the moment but the character of the musician, his constant love for life, positive attitude and kind attitude towards people. He is portrayed at his favorite amusement - playing the piano, and we this play was the greatest joy in his life.
This wonderful Ray
Ray Charles never wanted to be famous, but he always wanted to be great. And he succeeded. Frank Sinatra spoke of Charles as of a genius. Elvis Presley, Stevie Wonder and other popular artists considered him a teacher, whose songs defined their musical career.
Ray recorded 70 studio albums, he has a lot of gold records. For his works he received 17 Grammy awards. He himself was surprised at the number of people who gathered at his concerts far beyond America. And it was really so. The blind African-American, father of soul, enjoyed so great popularity many of his not less genial coevals could only dream about. What was his secret? He had just a great talent, multiplied by sincerity and passion for music.
Following the genius life
Let’s highlight the most important and defining moments in the childhood and adolescence of Ray:
- At the age of 5, he began to become blind. Glaucoma developed, as a result of which the boy completely lost his sight in two years.
- Simultaneously with the terrible disease, another tragedy occurred. In front of Ray's eyes, his younger brother was drowned.
- Near their house in Greenville was a cafe where musicians often played boogie-woogie. Hardly having heard the familiar melody, the boy abandoned everything and ran to the cafe, where he was taught to play the piano.
- After losing sight, mom sent her son to St. Augustine's School for the deaf and blind. There, he was taught using the Braille alphabet.
- At the age of 15, Ray lost his mother. After that, Charles decided to quit school and go to his mother's friend in Jacksonville. Then he moved to Orlando, where hunger, poverty and drugs became his constant companions. For the first time he played in various cafes, then began performing with the band "The Florida Playboys". The play of the young man was marked by one of the members of the band, and he was offered to replace the pianist.
- After a while, when he felt some confidence in himself he decides to leave for Seattle where began to record his own songs.