I would like to present my hand painted oil on canvas painting (recreation) of the artwork MILES DAVIS. I made this piece with the same amount of soul and emotion just like the first original painting. This piece is created with oil paint on artistic canvas using my unique technique of a palette knife. The artwork has texture, you can feel the strokes by touching the painting. By purchasing on this site, you are buying directly from the artist Leonid Afremov. I guarantee your satisfaction and the best customer experience.
The certificate of authenticity will include the name of the owner who purchased the piece of artwork. The certificate is signed by Leonid Afremov. If you buying this painting as a gift, please provide us the name of the gift recipient for the certificate. We can also ship to the address of the recipient of your gift.
about this painting:
Miles Davis Gold Trumpet
Simply a Genius of Jazz Music
On the 26th of May 2016, famous Jazz genius Miles Davis would have had his 90th birthday. His passion for music and his own unique approach to it made him one of the greatest Jazz musicians of the world. Many young people who wanted to connect their lives with music has taken him as an example to follow; artists has created wonderful Miles Davis paintings as they were inspired by his works. Here are some interesting and not so widely known facts about Miles Davis and his life.
Interesting and unknown facts about Miles Davis
- Miles Davis’s mother didn’t let him join a local band until he finished school. Another interesting thing about his mother is that she herself was a teacher of music and couldn’t stand the sound of a trumpet. She really wanted Miles to play the piano; however, his father would rather have him play the trumpet.
- Elwood Buchanan, a local musician, became Miles’ first teacher. He was very conservative and wouldn’t let him use vibrato while playing. Vibrato, on the other hand, played an important role on Davis’s successful career.
- Miles Davis’s album called ‘Kind of Blue’ is the most popular jazz album that has ever been recorded. It has gone Platinum four times and is in the top of most sold records of all times!
- 52nd Street in Manhattan played an important role in Miles Davis’s life. He got his first professional skills in one of the jazz clubs located there. He was noticed by Mino Cinelu who recommended him to the circle of New York jazzmen. Later he met Coleman Hawkins and was recorded for the first time as an accompanier.
- Portia is one of a few songs that hasn’t been named after a particular person or an occasions. It was just one of Marcus Miller’s (a famous base guitarist) favorite female name.
- Miles Davis was quite a difficult persona and was very demanding in everything concerning music. That’s why he very carefully approached musicians he chose to work with. During the period of April 1986 to May 1987 he changed 7 guitarists! It’s worth noticing that Miles Davis had a eye for new talents (Marcus Miller, Kenny Garret, Mike Stern, Al Foster, Bob Berg were some of them).
- A drummer Marily Mazur was the only woman that ever played with Miles Davis throughout his career. Her talent, professional skills and eagerness for perfection persuaded Davis and he accepted her to the band.
This wonderful musician will always stay in hearts of millions of people and they will continue decorating their walls with pictures of Miles Davis.