We would like to present the hand painted recreation oil on canvas painting of the artwork mentioned in the title. This painting comes signed by on the front and the back. Certificate of authenticity provided.
This piece was created with the same amount of soul and emotion just like the first original painting. This piece was created with oil paint on artistic canvas using unique Afremov technique of a palette knife. The artwork has texture, you can feel the strokes by touching the painting. By purchasing on this site, you are buying directly from Leonid Afremov®. We guarantee your satisfaction and the best customer experience.
Please read this page to learn more about recreations https://afremov.com/Recreation-what-is-it.html
about this painting:
Louis Armstrong Music
Of course, Louis Armstrong does not need a special introduction as a world famous jazzman. You can hardly find someone who has not heard anything about this musician. We are sure that the fans of Leonid Afremov also know this person very well. The artist offers you to get to know him even closer. To do this, in his Louis Armstrong Music drawing he used a lot of bright colors. They are all very expressive. Speaking about Armstrong, it should be noted that this person was equally well versed in several musical instruments, all of them can be called jazz instruments. So we can say that this person was born in order to literally create jazz. It’s hard to find another such genius. Another proof of his talent is the immortality of his music. He lived in the middle of the last century, but his works are relevant today. They can be heard in the most popular jazz clubs. They were performed by other famous musicians but no one was able to surpass the great Armstrong. All the grandeur of the master is conveyed by the Armstrong painting by Leonid Afremov.
The legend of jazz
You probably guessed that we have already prepared some interesting facts about Armstrong for you. Here they are:
- The jazzman was first arrested at the age of 11. The conditions in the ghetto where little Louis lived were incredibly terrible. The boy had to do terrible things in order to survive – he looked for food in garbage bins with thefts.
- Due to a constant lack of money, Armstrong had to drop out of school. In his life, he never received a real education. At the age of 14, Armstrong already played in the orchestra, not knowing musical notation and focusing only on hearing. From the beginning of the professional musical career until his death, Armstrong practically did not interrupt the performance.
- When his mother, Albert, passed away in 1942, it was the only time in his life, according to his recollections, when he cried.
- In 1918, the cornetist Joe Oliver left his place in the Kid Ori Orchestra, and an 18-year-old jazzman took his place. Oliver taught him the basic rules of breathing, staging and taught a little musical notation.
- Upon learning of his father’s death, Louis Armstrong refused to go to his funeral. He said, “The man who left me and my mother to die of hunger is nobody for me.”
- Armstrong has over 60 hits that have become an immortal jazz classic. He recorded them with his ensemble "Hot Five" in just 3 years.
It would seem that the colors that Leonid Afremov used in his painting look somewhat chaotic, they are capable of confusing us, but they perfectly convey the mood of the painting, which can be described as cheerful and sublime. Everyone who is familiar with jazz music is able to feel this mood. Enjoy the colors of Leonid Afremov’s painting that convey the full flavor of jazz.