I would like to present my hand painted oil on canvas painting (recreation) of the artwork LIFE MEMORIES. I made this piece with the same amount of soul and emotion just like the first original painting. This piece is created with oil paint on artistic canvas using my unique technique of a palette knife. The artwork has texture, you can feel the strokes by touching the painting. By purchasing on this site, you are buying directly from the artist Leonid Afremov. I guarantee your satisfaction and the best customer experience.
The certificate of authenticity will include the name of the owner who purchased the piece of artwork. The certificate is signed by Leonid Afremov. If you buying this painting as a gift, please provide us the name of the gift recipient for the certificate. We can also ship to the address of the recipient of your gift.
about this painting:
Leonid Afremov’s oeuvre
In Leonid Afremov’s virtual gallery you can find many outstanding paintings of different genres such as breathtaking landscapes, dynamic cityscapes, beautiful portraits of people and animals (cats, dogs, horses, even roosters, etc), fantastic seascapes and still life. He masterfully uses his palette knife and oils in order to show us all the beauty of the world that surrounds us. His amazing paintings can definitely brighten our day with their colorful strokes. Every single canvas he creates has its own story to share. They seem to come to life any minute when you look at them. If it’s a wonderful landscape of a rainy soaked autumn park, you can almost smell wet asphalt and grass, feel a thick carpet of leaves under your feet and hear them rustle. If it’s a cityscape, you can feel the smell of food coming from nearby cafes and restaurants and hear the hustle and bustle of the city. If there’s a breathtaking seascape in front of you, you can almost feel its fresh salty air and a refreshing breeze blowing in your face and playing with your hair and clothes. There is one more separate category in his paintings; it’s informally called life paintings. They are not exactly canvases that depict life- they are the ones that make you think about life and its purpose. In addition to its aesthetic beauty, a life painting has a philosophical context. This outstanding piece is a great example of such kinds of paintings. It even has a philosophical name- Life Memories. Let’s think about what the artist wanted to deliver to us. By the way, do you know other life painting artists?
What are the brightest memories you have? Most of you will most likely say the ones from childhood. When you’re a child, everything seems to be so fascinating and you have a new chance make memories every single day! Some of us might remember a long summer vacation at grandma’s, others say it’s the first day of school, or rare movie nights when the whole family could gather together first for dinner and then watch movies till late while munching on popcorn. Some people remember their dad or grandpa taking them fishing for the first time, or when they finally nailed riding a bicycle. Do you remember those birthday parties your parents used to throw when you were a kid? You probably got so many presents and were so happy! It’s also interesting how we can also clearly remember different smells! You will most likely never forget the smell of your grandma’s ginger bread cookies she used to make for Christmas. As soon as you entered her house that enticing aroma would leave you speechless (or maybe you couldn’t talk because your mouth was already filled with that deliciousness). It is also interesting, and sometimes even funny, how easily we forget bad things. Let’s say you had a partner who broke up with you and hurt your feelings pretty badly. In a couple of years you meet that person again and can’t even remember what was so bad about that situation, but you can clearly recall what they liked or where you went together on vacation, or what present they gave you for your first anniversary. Does it sound familiar?
Things that will always stay in our memory
- Things we did for the first time: first love (even if you both were toothless kindergarteners), first date, first kiss, your prom and maybe even your first alcoholic drink (of course, after your turned 21 or, to be more precise, that same exact day).
- Your wedding day which was meant to be a celebration just for two of you and even now when you hear that song you danced to as your first dance as a married couple you gently kiss and hug each other.
- The moment you became a parent and all the firsts your child had. Do you still keep your kid’s bracelet from the hospital and remember his first word? Do your eyes still get a little wet when you think of the day your child went to kindergarten and then to school? You will surely have pictures of those days to embarrass them in front of their first love when they bring them home to meet you.
- All of your family vacations and interesting things you saw and did there.
- Life is also impossible without sad memories. You’ll probably never forget the days when you lost the ones you loved. However, as was mentioned before, we will always have only good memories after all. And those people in heaven will surely appreciate you thinking only of good things and not grieving for them.
This breathtaking piece will surely become a great addition to your home and will always make you think of life and its purpose. If you buy it as a gift, make sure to tell us the name and address of the person so that we could write it in the certificate of authenticity.
Life’s a painting that we thoroughly create with our actions at a present moment and with the help of our memories.