The certificate of authenticity will include the name of the owner who purchased the piece of artwork. The certificate is signed by Leonid Afremov. If you buying this painting as a gift, please provide us the name of the gift recipient for the certificate. We can also ship to the address of the recipient of your gift.
Tunes of the soul
Art always strives for new forms. Evolving along with human conscience, it gets more profound and sophisticated as we start thinking in new terms and seeing the world differently than the previous generation. Having replaced the strictly defined harmonies of classics, jazz has marked the emergence of a new musical philosophy – play as you feel. Vivid, spontaneous and soulful, this revolutionary genre has proclaimed the freedom of self-expression without any rules and canons except those invented by you. The painting manner of Leonid Afremov perfectly conveys the rich, deep, late-night sound of saxophone in the hands of a talented musician. You can imagine yourself sitting in a crowded bar somewhere in New Orleans in early 20s, sipping bad whiskey that isn’t worth the money it costs and having your ears full of true black jazz being born right on the spot, accompanied by the clinking of glasses and drunk cheering.
Music in color
If you look close at this large canvas, you’ll probably make some curious observations:
· Everything is painted in quick strokes of different color applied next to each other in a way that reminds a motley quilt.
· The shreds of color are coming right out of the saxophone resembling exuberant notes produced by the lips of the jazzman.
· The silhouette of the musician dissolves in the whirlpool of colors as he gets lost in his own tune.
· Vibrant sounds of the saxophone fill the entire canvas representing the overwhelming power of music.
· Very bright and spectacular, this painting can almost make your hear a magnificent jazz improvisation in color transitions and clashes.
The power of art
It’s amazing how art can fuse our senses together and make them function as one. Hearing colors, smelling sounds and seeing smells – impressed by a remarkable work of art, our brain turns into a miracle machine and for that you don’t need any magical rituals or supernatural abilities. Just a picture by Leonid Afremov. His official online gallery hosts hundreds of large paintings to choose from. Let the anonymous saxophonist play on your wall for many years filling your home with bright colors of jazz music!