I would like to present my hand painted oil on canvas painting (recreation) of the artwork KURT COBAIN. I made this piece with the same amount of soul and emotion just like the first original painting. This piece is created with oil paint on artistic canvas using my unique technique of a palette knife. The artwork has texture, you can feel the strokes by touching the painting. By purchasing on this site, you are buying directly from the artist Leonid Afremov. I guarantee your satisfaction and the best customer experience.
The certificate of authenticity will include the name of the owner who purchased the piece of artwork. The certificate is signed by Leonid Afremov. If you buying this painting as a gift, please provide us the name of the gift recipient for the certificate. We can also ship to the address of the recipient of your gift.
about this painting:
Bright star on the concave
The name Kurt Cobain is widely known not only among rock music fans but also among people who prefer opera and ballet. He was quite a bright star on the concave of show business and touched millions of souls. He even inspired some artists to create Kurt Cobain paintings! Leonid Afremov is one of them and has devoted one of his canvases to this wonderful musician.
Things you don’t know about the musician
- Kurt Cobain was a very hyperactive kid and even had to take medication.
- The name of his first recorder song was Organized Confusion.
- When Kurt just started his career he felt sick to his stomach before every performance.
- Before joining Nirvana Cobain tried to get into Melvins but was rejected.
- When Nirvana first started their career they got a fax from Metallica and were asked to work together on a couple of songs. Nirvana decided to decline.
- When Kurt had nothing to do he liked to go to the store to buy fresh meat and shoot at it in the forest.
- One of Cobain’s friends once mentioned that Kurt used to awaken a sharp desire of women to take care of him and protect him. He found it very surprising because while being brutal and strong on one hand he could seem to be fragile and sensitive on the other hand.
- Kurt started doing drugs in order to ease his chronic abdominal pain. According to some sources he could spend $100 on heroin every day.
- Sometimes he could sit in the corner for forty five minutes and even longer and not say a word.
- Kurt knew all the dialogues from “Close Encounters of the Third Kind” and could easily recite them.
- On Christmas Eve of 1991 Kurt Cobain and Courtney Cox started living together in a small room of their friend’s apartment.
- According to Kurt Cobain’s words one of the most valuable things he owned was a copy of William Burroughs’ book called Naked Lunch. It was signed by the author himself.
Kurt Cobain was a quite contradictory person and wasn’t exactly a model to follow; however, he did manage to get through to the hearts of many people. He made some of them so addicted to his music that they hung pictures of Kurt Cobain and Nirvana on the wall and worshiped them. Others wanted to make sure that their children never listen to his music in order not to have the same lifestyle.