I would like to present my hand painted oil on canvas painting (recreation) of the artwork GOLDEN GATE BRIDGE . I made this piece with the same amount of soul and emotion just like the first original painting. This piece is created with oil paint on artistic canvas using my unique technique of a palette knife. The artwork has texture, you can feel the strokes by touching the painting. By purchasing on this site, you are buying directly from the artist Leonid Afremov. I guarantee your satisfaction and the best customer experience.
The certificate of authenticity will include the name of the owner who purchased the piece of artwork. The certificate is signed by Leonid Afremov. If you buying this painting as a gift, please provide us the name of the gift recipient for the certificate. We can also ship to the address of the recipient of your gift.
about this painting:
GOLDEN GATE BRIDGE
DREAMING ABOUT A NEW WORLD
The history of the bridge Golden Gate, which has become the symbol of San Francisco, starts in the end of the 20th century. The government decided to build a bridge to connect the city of San Francisco and the Southern part of Marin district. It has been built unbelievably fast – just in 4 years, which is incredible for such a large and complicated suspension bridge. For example, it would have to be steady enough to resist the Pacific Ocean stream of 185 km/h and the oscillation of 9 m. Even nowadays, it would be a challenge but back than succeeding to build it was a real break-through.
FASCINATING INFORMATION ABOUT THE GOLDEN GATE
Here are some interesting facts about this construction:
- After the Golden Gate was finished, it was painted in sandy-yellow and black stripes. However, later repainted in red color, which is now traditional.
- You will never find a better place to admire the view and take photos in the whole San Francisco.
- This is the most important transportation way in this region. Before it was built, everybody had to use ferryboats in order to get from one side of the river to another.
- If you want to cross the bridge by walking, it will take you about an hour and a half. On your way, you can admire the dolphins and the ships under your feet.
- When you stand in the middle of the bridge, it is impossible to distinguish where it starts and where it ends because of the construction.
Leonid Afremov is only one of numerous talented artists inspired by this industrial giant. Many movies, musical clips and tv-series use the Golden Gate as a background to their most crucial scenes.
“The Golden Gate bridge” is just one of the most magnificent paintings by Leonid Afremov. Always inspired by the gorgeousness of nature and urban areas, the artist tries to embody the true beauty of this place during the sunset. The backdrop seems to be in fire, so upbeat and vibrant the sky is. The construction is floating effortlessly in the middle of the sky, too pretty to be true.
The surface of water is painted in various shads of blue and violet, which makes a wonderful contrast to red and orange palette of the sky. This color combination gives the viewer a dreamlike sensation of something friendly and magical like in a dream. The bridge looks so true to life that you want to cross it and discover the other side.