I would like to present my hand painted oil on canvas painting (recreation) of the artwork DANCE OF PASSION. I made this piece with the same amount of soul and emotion just like the first original painting. This piece is created with oil paint on artistic canvas using my unique technique of a palette knife. The artwork has texture, you can feel the strokes by touching the painting. By purchasing on this site, you are buying directly from the artist Leonid Afremov. I guarantee your satisfaction and the best customer experience.
The certificate of authenticity will include the name of the owner who purchased the piece of artwork. The certificate is signed by Leonid Afremov. If you buying this painting as a gift, please provide us the name of the gift recipient for the certificate. We can also ship to the address of the recipient of your gift.
about this painting:
Dance of Passion
The brightness of ballet
Perhaps some people think about ballet as about an academic art form. We imagine it as a dull and rather faded show. However, Dance of Passion is destined to dispel these stereotypes. Here the artist managed to use many bright colors with the help of which he depicted not only the background of his paintings but also the dancer herself. So we see such colors as turquoise, Azure, blue and dark blue, beneath – such shades as yellow, red and orange. The ballerina herself is dressed in a graceful red, orange and yellow dress. Her long hem waives like a bright flag. It is set in motion by the intense movements of the ballerina. Her arms spaced widely are in a classical ballet pose, the movement of the hands is complemented by the movement of the legs – while one foot stands on the floor the other is laid back. At her right hand we see a burgundy spot – as if the ballerina is holding a piece of burgundy fabric.
What do you know about Russian ballet? We have prepared for you some fascinating facts with which to study this most beautiful form of art will become even more interesting:
- For the first time in Russia, the ballet was staged in 1675 at the Alexey Mikhailovich Theater; its plot was connected with the myth about Orpheus.
- Initially, only men participated in the performances.
- Russian ballet was so popular in the world that sometimes foreign artists took Russian pseudonyms - Patrick Healy-Kay (Anton Dolin), Alice Marks (Alicia Markova)
- In the troupe, the artists occupy different positions. Thus, the leading soloists are called: prima ballerina or premiere. Corps de ballet is used in the crowd scenes.
- The most grandiose billboard of all time was published in Paris in 1909. It was made in honor of the Anna Pavlova tour, its length was 2x3 meters, and its author is V. Serov.
Enjoy the bright colors of the ballet with Dance of Passion. We are sure that your idea of this art form will be somewhat updated. You will become a different way to look at this kind of dance and abandon the idea of it as something academic and sublime.