I would like to present my hand painted oil on canvas painting (recreation) of the artwork CHICAGO. I made this piece with the same amount of soul and emotion just like the first original painting. This piece is created with oil paint on artistic canvas using my unique technique of a palette knife. The artwork has texture, you can feel the strokes by touching the painting. By purchasing on this site, you are buying directly from the artist Leonid Afremov. I guarantee your satisfaction and the best customer experience.
The certificate of authenticity will include the name of the owner who purchased the piece of artwork. The certificate is signed by Leonid Afremov. If you buying this painting as a gift, please provide us the name of the gift recipient for the certificate. We can also ship to the address of the recipient of your gift.
about this painting:
The City of Chicago
Chicago is the one of the largest cities in the United States of America. It’s situated on the south-west side of Lake Michigan where the river with the same name flows into the lake. It is lovingly called the Windy city; its picturesque parks stretched along the lake are the main landmarks of this outstanding city. In Chicago you can see how modern business centers with huge skyscrapers live in harmony with residential buildings of the 19th century.
Parks of Chicago
Lake Michigan is the only one of five Great Lakes that is located completely on the territory of the United States. All others are situated on the territory of Canada as well as the USA. Lake Michigan supplies Chicago and its suburbs with fresh water. All famous city parks are stretched along the beautiful Lakefront Trail. What are they?
- Grant Park is the oldest park in Chicago. It was marked on the map as soon as the city was founded. Grant Park can be found in the Chicago Loop, the business district of the city. There are several halls and sports facilities there. Art and photo exhibitions annually take place in this park. You can also find the Art Institute of Chicago on the territory of the park as well as Museum Campus.
- Millennium Park is considered to be a part of Grant Park; however, it looks more like a recreational area. It was opened not so long ago, in 2004. One of the most famous landmarks of Chicago is located in Millennium Park. The name if this structure is Cloud Gate; simply put, it looks like a large mirror-like bean and annually attracts many tourists with its unique appearance.
- Maggie Daley Park located on the shoreline of Chicago has been turned into an entertainment center with a climbing wall, skating ribbon, play garden for children under the age of 12, tennis courts and some other activities. If you enjoy picnics there are picnic groves in the park.
Things to see in Chicago
Once you’ve visited Chicago it’s very difficult not to fall in love with it. It’s impossible to name just one thing about the city that you love most. It seems to be everything: the air, the shoreline, the skyscrapers, the people, everything seems to make such a huge impression on you that you will always want to come back to this wonderful city. Let’s see what other things you need to see while you’re in Chicago:
- Adler Planetarium and Astronomy Museum;
- Brookfield Zoo and Lincoln Park Zoo;
- Chicago History Museum;
- Museum of African-American History;
- John Hancock Center on top of Sears Tower;
- Navy Pier;
- Art Institute of Chicago; canvas art of its alumni’s is displayed in museums and galleries all over the world;
- Chicago Cultural Center;
- The Field Museum of Natural History;
- Green Mill, one of Al Capone’s favorite places;
- John G. Shedd Aquarium and many other fascinating places;
If you are a true fan of Chicago, you can surround yourself with gorgeous pictures of paintings of Chicago. One of them is in front of you. This painting depicting an outstanding Chicago skyline has been masterfully created by Leonid Afremov. When the artist visited this wonderful city he also fell in love with it. On his canvas he tried to show us it’s real beauty and magnificence. He also wanted us to know what emotions he felt when he looked at all the beauty Chicago has to offer. His special palette knife technique with strokes of bright colors definitely helped him to achieve his goal. When you look at the painting you can’t help but want to go to Chicago this same minute even without packing your suitcase! And of course, you do want to try their special deep-dish pizza!