I would like to present my hand painted oil on canvas painting (recreation) of the artwork BOUQUET OF SUNFLOWERS. I made this piece with the same amount of soul and emotion just like the first original painting. This piece is created with oil paint on artistic canvas using my unique technique of a palette knife. The artwork has texture, you can feel the strokes by touching the painting. By purchasing on this site, you are buying directly from the artist Leonid Afremov. I guarantee your satisfaction and the best customer experience.
The certificate of authenticity will include the name of the owner who purchased the piece of artwork. The certificate is signed by Leonid Afremov. If you buying this painting as a gift, please provide us the name of the gift recipient for the certificate. We can also ship to the address of the recipient of your gift.
about this painting:
BOUQUET OF SUNFLOWERS
STILL LIVES THAT CAPTURE YOUR SOUL
Do you know what “vanitas” are? We all have heard about different genres of art like portraits, landscapes and still lives. However, not so many of us know that there are many varieties of still lived, from which, probably, the most famous and interesting are vanitas.
- In general, still lives have first appeared in the 15-16th centuries in the art of Flaman artist.
- For them, painting fruits, flowers and simple domestic objects was not only an artistic exercise or an esthetical pleasure. Their minds were completely absorbed by the idea of the transience of life.
- They seeked to capture a magnificent present because the past was already obscure and the future unknown and scary. Their religious superstitious minds filled still lives with many different symbols.
- “Vanitas” is a genre of baroque art that was meant to remind the living that life is short. In the center of the composition, there always is a human skull surrounded by flowers, fruits, crops and other elements. Sometimes you can see candles and vases somewhere nearby.
- All elements add extra depth to the idea of a painting! For example, rotten fruits symbolize aging. Some fruits like cherries, apples or peaches mean sexual pleasures and a sin of lust.
- If you see cards or other things for gambling, it means that the vanitas is about wrong life choices.
- Mirrors are associated with vanity and narcissism.
CONTEMPORARY STILL LIVES
Still lives, for example, sunflower paintings by famous artists remain popular nowadays. Anyway, people usually do not buy them as a reminder of how short life is but as a pretty decoration for their homes or offices.
Leonid Afremov knows that still lives that he paints should not be gloomy and too allegorical. He still follows the idea of the first artists who created this genre – tries to capture the present on canvas. However, no moralization here, just beauty.
Look at this wonderful canvas with a huge bouquet of freshly cut sunflowers. This flower is usually associated with autumn, harvest and first cold night after which you can see the first frost-mist on the grass.
What do you feel when you look at this painting? Its color palette is pretty simple and kind of reserved. Afremov holds his creativity back by not creating a wild mix of colors on canvas. Autumn is not about festive colors, it is time when you reflect, contemplate and dream. Nothing will distract you from your calm autumn thought, not even this still life.