We would like to present hand painted oil on canvas painting (recreation) of Afremov's artwork mentioned in the title. This art piece made by Leonid Afremov Studio with the same amount of soul and emotion just like the first original painting. The piece is created with oil paint on artistic canvas using Afremov's unique technique of a palette knife. The artwork has a lot of texture, you can feel the strokes by touching this painting. By purchasing on our site, you are buying directly from Leonid Afremov Studio. We guarantee your satisfaction and the best customer experience.
The artwork is signed on the back and on the front. The certificate of authenticity will include the name of the owner who purchased the piece of artwork. The certificate is signed by Leonid Afremov Studio. If you are buying this painting as a gift, please provide us the name of the gift recipient for the certificate. We can also ship to the address of the recipient of your gift.
About Leonid Afremov Studio - https://afremov.com/visit-my-studio.html
about this painting:
Like an angel
In one of his most famous and colorful works on the angels theme Leonid Afremov offers us a different look at the angel, in this painting he depicted an angel-girl. Usually we are accustomed to seeing them as young men or women with wings behind their backs and with a halo above their heads. But Leonid Afremov's angel is like a man, woman if to be more exact, one of us. Of course, she is the center of the painting. We absolutely clearly see that this girl is hovering somewhere in the clouds, maybe somewhere in her dreams. It is surrounded by juicy colors. The girl herself is naked. Her body is close to perfect because she is an angel. Widely spreading her arms, she rushes toward freedom. The paints in the picture are whirled in a mad whirlwind created with the waves of the angel girl’s hands. For his painting Leonid Afremov chose the most succulent colors - yellow green orange blue, in principle such a palette is characteristic of the artist. The appearance of the girl, of course, does not correspond to our ideas about the appearance of angels - she has black hair that wraps around her neck, a rather powerful body - she is rather an ordinary person than an angel. Thus, the artist emphasizes that an angel can be even the most ordinary person, like one of us.
Do you know angels?
Perhaps all of us hear the word angel rather often, but very few people know the genuine meaning of this people and what role they played in Christian doctrines. So, let’s vanish some black spots in your outlook:
- The word "angel" from al-Greek is translated as "messenger”
- The Greek word ἄγγελος "angelos" is a direct translation of the other Hebrew word מלאך [mal'ah] with the same meaning, which derived from the archaic root of the other Hebrew word לאכ with the meaning "to send".
- Jesus himself often spoke of angels, both good and evil, and about their participation in the affairs of men.
- In most of the translations of the Bible, when referring to the fallen and all sinned (opposed to God) the word “angel” begins with the lowercase letter, whereas when mentioning the holy angels - with capital letter.
- Belief in angels is an integral part of the Muslim faith (Al-Baqarah 2: 177), this is one of the pillars of the Muslim faith.
- Cherubs are mentioned in the Old Testament many times. The seraphim are described in the book of Isaiah.
- In Orthodoxy, there is an idea of guardian angels sent by God to every person immediately after his baptism. Although in Scripture we do not find any confirmation of it.