Title: AMSTERDAM — WINTER REFLECTION by Leonid Afremov
Size: 30"x24" (75cm x 60cm)
Condition: Excellent Brand New
Gallery Estimated Value: $3,500
Medium: 100% hand painted oil painiting on Canvas by Leonid Afremov - Recreation of an older painting
Signed by Leonid Afremov, Certificate of Authenticity provided.
The certificate of authenticity will include the name of the owner who purchased the piece of artwork. The certificate is signed by Leonid Afremov. If you buying this painting as a gift, please provide us the name of the gift recipient for the certificate. We can also ship to the address of the recipient of your gift.
about this painting:
AMSTERDAM — WINTER REFLECTION
Time to think everything over
If you have been looking for modern art for home for quite a while, you might be tired of banal views. Many artists do not put much thought into their works believing that painting doesn’t have to be meaningful. Its aim is to decorate the room and entertain, some of them say. Allow us to disagree: we support Leonid Afremov’s point of view which simple but convincing. He thinks that art should be thought-provoking, even philosophical, but these traits should not be emphasized. They just dawn on you while you are looking at the picture, and soon you find yourself wrapped up in your thoughts and memories.
Modern art experts say that winter landscapes and cityscapes are often very melancholic. Nature is sleeping under the white blanket, the sky is gray and clouded, everything is quiet. They are right – but not always. As this painting shows, winter disposes us to contemplate and meditate, but it is definitely not dull and monotonous!
1. Every detail matters because it has its meaning. We perceive weather according to our mood – if you are sad, even a sunny afternoon will seem boring to you. Find a reason to be optimistic, and you will be able to enjoy the rainiest days of your life.
2. Winter is full of mystery. Under the light of lanterns, snow turns bright and shining, buildings become enigmatic in dancing shadows… Everything promises an interesting quest – you only should let it capture you!
3. The painting shows that lonely streets are the best place to wander along, thinking and meditating to your heart’s content. Solitude is a good thing if you know how to benefit from it!
Where to place this picture?
Contemporary painting is not very selective about its placement, however, there are some hints that can come in handy:
· Sitting rooms are a good option as this picture will look perfect in their comfort.
· Libraries and offices are also a good fit as their intellectual atmosphere will highlight the philosophical ideas of the painting.
· It may wed with the bedroom interior if the urbanistic theme goes with it.
Sure, it is only an overview! Actually, many other variants are possible, and you can always have fun experimenting and trying something new.