I would like to present my hand painted oil on canvas painting (recreation) of the artwork AMSTERDAM - SUNDAY NIGHT. I made this piece with the same amount of soul and emotion just like the first original painting. This piece is created with oil paint on artistic canvas using my unique technique of a palette knife. The artwork has texture, you can feel the strokes by touching the painting. By purchasing on this site, you are buying directly from the artist Leonid Afremov. I guarantee your satisfaction and the best customer experience.
The certificate of authenticity will include the name of the owner who purchased the piece of artwork. The certificate is signed by Leonid Afremov. If you buying this painting as a gift, please provide us the name of the gift recipient for the certificate. We can also ship to the address of the recipient of your gift.
about this painting:
AMSTERDAM — SUNDAY NIGHT
The city that never bores you
Modern art often aims at shocking the public or leaving it tormented by doubts and misunderstanding. Fortunately, there are artists who prefer to be honest with their admirers and no to create difficulties where they are not needed. As this painting shows, Leonid Afremov did not mean to bewilder anyone – he just wanted to share his impressions and thought about one of the most beautiful cities in the world. And the message is that even when Amsterdam is drowsy and nearly enwrapped in slumber, it stays charming and exciting.
Atmosphere of peace and delicious languor
Amsterdam is a modern dynamic city where life pulses through its streets all day long. But then night enfolds the day, and these hustling streets crowded with tourists change completely. Everything denotes peace and harmony, and the painting conveys this atmosphere in a very precise way:
· Sunday night is the best time for a long walk around the city. You can feel its historic charm and proper pride while strolling along its channels, breathing fresh air and resting your soul.
· Amsterdam is very romantic and dreamy. No wonder it is called the Venice of the North – this city proves itself a perfect matchmaker! A moonlight (or lantern-light) walk along the embankment is what happy lovers need to get closer to each other.
· Beauty of this city is so breathtaking that you can’t help asking yourself: isn’t a magical creation? Everything seems so surreal and elusive that only a wave of wand could have built these airy buildings and levitating bridges (deep inside we always knew that Leonid Afremov must be some king of wizard!).
What are other features of this piece of contemporary art?
Here are some things in the matter of the artist’s technique that seem very appealing to us:
1. Subdued colors, various shades of blue and lilac. The palette makes the painting look very harmonious and well-balanced.
2. The style is very peculiar: the brushwork is vigorous but carefully crafted.
3. The composition is unified and elaborate.
As usual, Leonid Afremov shows us that a work of art may be a window to the artist’s world where everything is full of magic and charm. This cityscape is definitely a case of point.