We would like to present hand painted oil on canvas painting (recreation) of Afremov's artwork mentioned in the title. This art piece made by Leonid Afremov Studio with the same amount of soul and emotion just like the first original painting. The piece is created with oil paint on artistic canvas using Afremov's unique technique of a palette knife. The artwork has a lot of texture, you can feel the strokes by touching this painting. By purchasing on our site, you are buying directly from Leonid Afremov Studio. We guarantee your satisfaction and the best customer experience.
The artwork is signed on the back and on the front. The certificate of authenticity will include the name of the owner who purchased the piece of artwork. The certificate is signed by Leonid Afremov Studio. If you are buying this painting as a gift, please provide us the name of the gift recipient for the certificate. We can also ship to the address of the recipient of your gift.
About Leonid Afremov Studio - https://afremov.com/visit-my-studio.html
about this painting:
Oil paintings on canvas have some special powers (providing they are works of a master, to be sure). They convey things and views not as they pretend to be, but as they truly are in their core. Here the message is that Amsterdam is not just a city famous for its red-light districts and atmosphere of light-headedness – it is a place full of magic and inexplicable charm which strikes everybody to the marrow. If you haven’t been to this wonderful city yet, the painting made by Leonid Afremov will make up for it perfectly.
Get ready for the magic
Amsterdam used to be poetized in classical oil paintings of old days. Now it is a modern dynamic city with bustling economic activity, and life pulses through its veins constantly. However, its historic charm has not been affected by this big city life. Everything denotes peace and dignity, and this special atmosphere bears the impress of bygone eras when witchery seemed no less real than imposing cathedrals and majestic palaces.
· At night Amsterdam seems absolutely dreamlike. Everything is so elusive and blurry that your imagination can’t help working on adventurous stories. Magic is in the air and it penetrated you every time you take a breath.
· Amsterdam’s atmosphere is very romantic. Couples of all ages adore long walks along the channels and narrow streets, so you can feel that love is all around you. And, after all, isn’t love a kind magic?
· The city is so beautiful that a question seems to be asking itself: how could human beings create something as wonderful as this? It must have been built by a wave of a wand, and no other way! Sure, the artist is also a magician if he managed to convey this surreality onto his picture.
What is special about the form of this painting?
Having discussed the content of this remarkable piece of pictorial art, let’ proceed to its form:
1. The palette is very wide and well-balanced. The combination of dark and golden shades produces a striking effect.
2. The brushwork is vigorous, obviously driven by pure inspiration.
3. The composition and perspective highlight the most peculiar points of the scenery.
Leonid Afremov’s world is full of magic and charm, and everybody is welcome to explore it!