I would like to present my hand painted oil on canvas painting (recreation) of the artwork TRUMPET PLAYER. I made this piece with the same amount of soul and emotion just like the first original painting. This piece is created with oil paint on artistic canvas using my unique technique of a palette knife. The artwork has texture, you can feel the strokes by touching the painting. By purchasing on this site, you are buying directly from the artist Leonid Afremov. I guarantee your satisfaction and the best customer experience.
The certificate of authenticity will include the name of the owner who purchased the piece of artwork. The certificate is signed by Leonid Afremov. If you buying this painting as a gift, please provide us the name of the gift recipient for the certificate. We can also ship to the address of the recipient of your gift.
about this painting:
Hardly among you there is someone who is indifferent to music. And most likely Trumpet Player, this oil painting, will be to the taste of many of you. According to his tradition, Leonid Afremov tried to fill his work with as rich palette of colors as possible, giving as always much attention to the image of the main character - the musician - trumpeter. We see how difficult it is for him to breathe in the instrument producing the magic sounds from it - his forehead is furrowed with clear lines of wrinkles – a clear sign of concentration and zeal. His cheeks and lips are in tension as it usually occurs when playing trumpet. Probably everyone who at least once visited a symphony concert noticed how the cheeks of the musicians playing wind instruments are blown up and off. Leonid Afremov managed to show this process very in a very skillful manner. The man in the painting is dressed impeccably just in the manner professional musician are always dressed - on him we see an old-fashioned jacket and a white shirt - it emphasizes his belonging to an earlier epoch –apparently this is the beginning of the XX century. It is also worth paying attention to his appearance – black, hard and slightly curly hair and milky brown color of his skin testifies to his African-American origin. It is namely the immigrants who were the ancestors of jazz in America.
The background of the painting made in the form of multi-colored strokes expresses the mood of the painting very eloquently. Changing from bright turquoise in the lower left corner to bright yellow in the upper right one, they include almost all the colors of the rainbow.
Even those who are interested in music hardly know much about musical instruments. That is why we want to bring to your attention some interesting facts about the trumpet:
- The trumpet may seem a small and compact instrument compared to larger ones, such as trombone or horn, but if we unbend it, the length of the pipe will be about 190 cm, which is taller than the growth of the average person.
- The earliest trumpets were made of various materials, including shells and wood.
- The largest trumpet is 32 meters long, the diameter of the bell is 5.2 meters. The sound is reproduced by means of an air compressor.
- The famous pipe with the curved pavilion of the trade mark "Martin Committee", which belonged to the jazz legend Dizzy Gillepsi, was sold at Christie's auction in 1995 for 55,000 dollars.
- The most famous trumpeters are James Hunt (racing driver), Richard Gere (actor), James Wood (actor), Justin Bieber (singer), Stephen Tyler (rock musician), Samuel L. Jackson (actor), Paul McCartney (The Beatles) and Jane Mansfield (actress).