I would like to present my hand painted oil on canvas painting (recreation) of the artwork SUNSET BY THE HILL. I made this piece with the same amount of soul and emotion just like the first original painting. This piece is created with oil paint on artistic canvas using my unique technique of a palette knife. The artwork has texture, you can feel the strokes by touching the painting. By purchasing on this site, you are buying directly from the artist Leonid Afremov. I guarantee your satisfaction and the best customer experience.
The certificate of authenticity will include the name of the owner who purchased the piece of artwork. The certificate is signed by Leonid Afremov. If you buying this painting as a gift, please provide us the name of the gift recipient for the certificate. We can also ship to the address of the recipient of your gift.
about this painting:
Sunset by the Hill
The beauty of the moment
Sunset is one of the most beautiful natural phenomena in the world. Famous artists have created many outstanding sunset paintings in order to show all its beauty and share their feelings with us. Leonid Afremov is not an exception. In his virtual art gallery, you can find dozens of breathtaking canvases of a setting sun. This wonderful piece called Sunset by the Hill is one of them.
Why the setting sun turns red?
If our planet didn’t circle around the sun and was absolutely flat, the celestial body would always be in the sky and we would never have a chance to contemplate neither the sunset nor the sunrise. And most likely there would be no life on the planet at all. Luckily, that’s not true and every day we have a wonderful opportunity to enjoy the colors and the beauty of these unique natural phenomena.
- Long time ago the red-colored sunrises and sunsets started drawing people’s attention. They tried to come up with various explanations in order to find out why the sun that is normally yellow turns red as soon as it reaches the horizon. We can find their first attempts to answer their questions in different legends, then they made up some old wives’ tales.
- They believed that the red sun couldn’t mean anything good. People of those times thought, for instance, that if the sky at the dawn will stay red for quite a long time it will be very hot during the day. Another country saying claimed that if the sky on the east is scarlet before the sun is up then it will rain.
- Another thing that predicted the rain is when the sun turns light yellow right after it rises.
- It’s very interesting to know what people used to think about different natural phenomena and how they thought they affected the weather and their life.
- However, their interpretation of the red sun didn’t last long, as inquisitive minds of people wanted to know the truth and they wanted to scientifically explain it. That’s why after the discovery of some laws of physics and Rayleigh’s law in particular; scientists found out that the color of the sun can be explained: red has the longest wave and in a thick atmosphere it dissipates less than other colors. That is why when the sun is on the horizon its rays slide down the surface of the Earth where the air is not only thicker, but also more humid which it its turn takes up the rays. That’s why when the sun just appears we can only see red and orange colors.