I would like to present my hand painted oil on canvas painting (recreation) of the artwork PINE WOOD. I made this piece with the same amount of soul and emotion just like the first original painting. This piece is created with oil paint on artistic canvas using my unique technique of a palette knife. The artwork has texture, you can feel the strokes by touching the painting. By purchasing on this site, you are buying directly from the artist Leonid Afremov. I guarantee your satisfaction and the best customer experience.
The certificate of authenticity will include the name of the owner who purchased the piece of artwork. The certificate is signed by Leonid Afremov. If you buying this painting as a gift, please provide us the name of the gift recipient for the certificate. We can also ship to the address of the recipient of your gift.
about this painting:
The autumn morning
It seems easy to determine the time of day and the season of the painting of Leonid Afremov. It is most likely morning – we see how the rays of the rising sun penetrate into the autumn forest. Already very colorful, it becomes literally golden. But what causes the question is the name of the canvas –Pine Wood – though in the distance you can still distinguish the pines, but in the foreground we see some deciduous trees – most likely they are oaks. The whole earth is covered with gold of autumn leaves. To the left and to the right we see golden clouds of shrubs. Most likely this is not their own foliage, but the foliage of the trees near them.
We should also dwell on the play of light in the painting – we see how the lower parts of the trunks are still in the shade while the upper ones are illuminated by the soft rays of the rising sun that make their way through the golden crowns of the foliage which, despite the autumn, is still quite thick.
The noble tree
Since the painting is called Pine Wood and pine is one of the most common trees in the northern countries we decided to tell you a few facts about this tree:
- There are about 200 species of pines total in the world, of which about 90 grows in Russia.
- Pine and its derivatives are used in medicine.
- In nature, pines are found only in the Northern Hemisphere.
- The precious stone amber is a frozen resin of ancient pines.
- Artificial silk and leather are made from pine wood.
- In Latin, the name of the pine tree sounds like “pinus”, which translates as “rock”. This name was given to this amazing tree because of its ability to scramble the roots and survive even on bare rocks.
- The highest pines are Lambert pines, which grow in North America. They grow up to 70-80 meters.
Looking at this painting you will undoubtedly have the desire to get into this fabulous forest and take a walk on the golden lawns and rustle in the fallen foliage.