We would like to present the hand painted recreation oil on canvas painting of the artwork mentioned in the title. This painting comes signed by on the front and the back. Certificate of authenticity provided.
This piece was created with the same amount of soul and emotion just like the first original painting. This piece was created with oil paint on artistic canvas using unique Afremov technique of a palette knife. The artwork has texture, you can feel the strokes by touching the painting. By purchasing on this site, you are buying directly from Leonid Afremov®. We guarantee your satisfaction and the best customer experience.
Please read this page to learn more about recreations https://afremov.com/Recreation-what-is-it.html
about this painting:
If you have never been to Normandy, then you certainly need to go there. With the Normandy painting by Leonid Afremov, you can do it at least virtually. The landscape with the image of one of the most famous regions of France is included in the urban collection of the artist. Leonid, following his own style, portrayed the city landscape using as many bright colors as possible. So if you are a fan of Gothic architecture and associate Normandy primarily with the famous castle of Mont Saint Michel, then you better look for paintings by other masters. However, Leonid Afremov, not being a Normandy artist, also has a few paintings dedicated to this place. But in this painting we see a small Norman town probably located near the ocean, because in the foreground we see the image of a pier with moored yachts. Through the canvas we feel the atmosphere of a small European town. So looking at the painting you definitely want to find yourself in this town and take a walk along its picturesque streets, to try Norman dishes and understand what Normandy art is.
Let's try to figure out together what are the main characteristics of the most famous wine-growing region of France and give some interesting facts about it:
- Normandy is one of the provinces of France, which was originally a separate duchy.
- Nowadays, the lands of the duchy are in the regions of Upper Normandy (departments of the Seine Maritime and Er) and Lower Normandy (departments of Orne, Calvados and the English Channel).
- This land is surrounded by green meadows and washed from the north by the English Channel.
- The main city of Normandy is Rouen.
- Through the territory of Upper Normandy flows Seine; it flows into the sea near Le Havre. The mild oceanic climate and soil fertility are ideal conditions for the development of agriculture, especially for animal husbandry and fruit growing.
Everything in Normandy – villages, green meadows, an abundance of trees and apple orchards –resemble the landscapes of the English provinces and you will probably find there a landscape like the one depicted in the painting.