We would like to present hand painted oil on canvas painting (recreation) of Afremov's artwork mentioned in the title. This art piece made by Leonid Afremov Studio with the same amount of soul and emotion just like the first original painting. The piece is created with oil paint on artistic canvas using Afremov's unique technique of a palette knife. The artwork has a lot of texture, you can feel the strokes by touching this painting. By purchasing on our site, you are buying directly from Leonid Afremov Studio. We guarantee your satisfaction and the best customer experience.
The artwork is signed on the back and on the front. The certificate of authenticity will include the name of the owner who purchased the piece of artwork. The certificate is signed by Leonid Afremov Studio. If you are buying this painting as a gift, please provide us the name of the gift recipient for the certificate. We can also ship to the address of the recipient of your gift.
About Leonid Afremov Studio - https://afremov.com/visit-my-studio.html
about this painting:
LOS ANGELES 1920
When two epochs meet
Los Angeles seems to be one of the beloved subjects of link art created by Leonid Afremov. However, this is not that Los Angeles you usually see in tourist brochures and as screensavers: a hustling and bustling city with millions of people hurrying along its lamp- and signboard-lit streets. Here we can see a fast-growing town at the crossroads of two epochs. Could people imagine that horse-driven cabs and long dresses would soon sink into oblivion? But the charm of the place was not going to fade away… Now, looking at it after years and years passed by, we see that this is true!
A brand new… olden time?
Art history is rich in examples of retrospective paintings, and Leonid Afremov’s artworks are going to have pride of place in this gallery. Though his signature is already a mark of quality (if this term can be applied to art), he never stops his professional and personal development to make his paintings even more appealing and fascinating. What are his secrets? Let’s try to find out:
· He never paints just outer beauty of this or that place. This artist is always after the core of a city or a town. And here we can see rather a non-conventional view which is more than just picturesque scenery – it is an insight into the city’s essence.
· The expressive and exquisite brushwork is the key to the painting’s charm. The artist highlights the key points and covers others with misty shades, so the whole cityscape seems very enigmatic.
· Leonid Afremov recreated the city in this creative work as it used to be nearly a hundred of years ago, but still it looks so familiar to us!
Where to place this picture?
Re-designing your room or, figuratively speaking, art tuning (pardon this parallel) of the interior is quite a quest. Although contemporary paintings are not particularly selective about their placement, some things should be taken into consideration:
· Sitting rooms become even cozier with such a comforting artwork.
· Libraries are also a good fit as well as offices where the intellectual atmosphere will profit from this painting.
· It may wed with the bedroom if its style disposes to motives like this.
Two different eras met, and this magnificent picture was born where old and new times have found its way into it! Enjoy this travel through time.