I would like to present my hand painted oil on canvas painting (recreation) of the artwork LONDON. I made this piece with the same amount of soul and emotion just like the first original painting. This piece is created with oil paint on artistic canvas using my unique technique of a palette knife. The artwork has texture, you can feel the strokes by touching the painting. By purchasing on this site, you are buying directly from the artist Leonid Afremov. I guarantee your satisfaction and the best customer experience.
The certificate of authenticity will include the name of the owner who purchased the piece of artwork. The certificate is signed by Leonid Afremov. If you buying this painting as a gift, please provide us the name of the gift recipient for the certificate. We can also ship to the address of the recipient of your gift.
about this painting:
The English view
Before us is another canvas of standard size – 20’’x30’’– the painting from the British collection of Leonid Afremov depicting perhaps the most recognizable landmark of the British capital – the Big Ben tower, and perhaps also the most recognizable bridge in the Great Britain – Westminster Bridge that leads to the tower.
The painting is drawn in the Impressionism style traditional for the artist – we find in it a set of bright colors the main source of which is primarily the two lamps illuminating the bridge – they paint not only the bridge itself, but also the Big Ben tower in yellow and orange colors. Dispelling the darkness they make the painting bright and expressive. If it were not for them, everything would be dark – the night has fallen on the British capital and there is no a single passer-by on the street. With these colors, the artist managed to convey the magical atmosphere of one of the most beautiful cities in the world.
The bell of London
Well, since in the center of the composition we see Big Ben it's time to find out some interesting facts about this tower:
- The official name of this landmark is "Clock Tower". Big Ben is the nickname of the main bell located inside the building. Nevertheless, the official name is much more common than the nickname.
- Big Ben is one of the most popular attractions in the UK along with Stonehenge.
- Big Ben was built to replace the old Palace of Westminster, which was destroyed by fire in October 1834.
- The designer of Big Ben was Charles Barry, whereas the clock and dial were created under the guidance of architect Augustus Welby Northmore Pugin. The tower was commissioned September 7, 1859. 11. Between the foundation and commissioning it was long a period of problems: lack of funding, delivery delays, incorrect calculations and much more.
- The Clock Tower is always at the center of New Year's celebration in the United Kingdom. The clock starts to strike at 12 p. m. and the main channels, which televise live, refer to the chime.
If you have never been to London, then you certainly need to go there in order to feel the true British spirit and plunge into the atmosphere of mystery and patriarchy!