I would like to present my hand painted oil on canvas painting (recreation) of the artwork LATE NIGHT RETURN. I made this piece with the same amount of soul and emotion just like the first original painting. This piece is created with oil paint on artistic canvas using my unique technique of a palette knife. The artwork has texture, you can feel the strokes by touching the painting. By purchasing on this site, you are buying directly from the artist Leonid Afremov. I guarantee your satisfaction and the best customer experience.
The certificate of authenticity will include the name of the owner who purchased the piece of artwork. The certificate is signed by Leonid Afremov. If you buying this painting as a gift, please provide us the name of the gift recipient for the certificate. We can also ship to the address of the recipient of your gift.
about this painting:
Charm of a never-sleeping city
If you are already acquainted with some works by Mr. Afremov, you probably know how deeply in love he is with rainy landscapes and night scenes. Perhaps it is just a unique gift – few artists are able to find and convey this subtle beauty in such an exquisite manner.
Walking alone under an umbrella, watching at lights reflected in puddles, thinking about something very personal… Isn’t it the kind of solitude that a crowded city can offer only when it’s raining?
A modern Mona Lisa?
Rainy weatheris probably the best time to think your life over. It suggests meditating and reassessing. That’s what this woman appears to be doing. However, can anyone tell for sure what Leonid meant to say in this picture? What is so enigmatic about this woman and the rainy cityscape?
This lady must be beautiful; her dress is elegant and shoes are stylish. Perhaps she is on her way home from a party… Why is she alone? Is she sad or just thoughtful?Like Mona Lisa, she provokes a lot of questions. You can make up your own story as an answer or choose the one you like most:
- The lady is of a very romantic disposition. She loves rain, and now she has split the party to enjoy fresh air and unusual peace of the hustling city.
- She got in a row with her beloved one and decided to go home alone. A taxi? Well, who cares for a taxi when the mood and the weather encourage being completely alone!
- This woman is just a passer-by caught by the artist accidentally. The main character is the city that is so quiet and peaceful now. Rain has changed its look so dramatically that you feel like wandering along absolutely unknown streets in a faraway land. As for the lady – well, she is like a dream, a sweet but elusive dream.
What isso special about the painter’s style?
Leonid’s style is remarkable in many aspects, and here are some of them:
- Vivid colors and expressive strokes. He is extremely careful about every movement his brush makes.
- The play of light and shadow highlights every detail very thoroughly. You can find something new every time you look at the picture.
This painting is one of the most thought-provoking we’ve seen, and we hope you will find it meaningful as well. That would be the best reward for the artist.