We would like to present the hand painted recreation oil on canvas painting of the artwork mentioned in the title. This painting comes signed by on the front and the back. Certificate of authenticity provided.
This piece was created with the same amount of soul and emotion just like the first original painting. This piece was created with oil paint on artistic canvas using unique Afremov technique of a palette knife. The artwork has texture, you can feel the strokes by touching the painting. By purchasing on this site, you are buying directly from Leonid Afremov®. We guarantee your satisfaction and the best customer experience.
Please read this page to learn more about recreations https://afremov.com/Recreation-what-is-it.html
about this painting:
Jimi Hendrix is a real prodigy of the world of music. He is widely known all over the world and people of all ages love his songs. He touched the heart of Leonid Afremov as well. The artist decided to create his own Jimi Hendrix painting and add it to the collection of his works devoted to famous people such as Michael Jackson, James Dean, Muhammad Ali and many others. If you like Jimi Hendrix’s songs and would like to know more about this outstanding musician, here are some interesting facts about him and his life.
Facts about Jimi Hendrix
- Jimi is not his real name. When he was born his mother called him Jonny Allen Hendrix. When his father came back home from the war he decided to change his son’s name to James Marshall Hendrix.
- Jimi’s first guitar cost him only $5. He was left-handed and had to adjust all of his instruments before he could play them.
- In 1964 Jimi moved to New-York and started a band called The Jimi Hendrix Experience. It immediately became very popular and started playing on the radio.
- In 1966 the musician moved to London.
- Once Jimi Hendrix tried to set his guitar on fire on stage while performing live. He was taken to hospital because both of his hands were burnt.
- In 1968 during his Scandinavian tour he got in trouble with the police. He trashed a hotel room and refused to pay for it.
- That same year he moved back to New-York and started working on his own recording studio. Unfortunately, it was finished after the musician died.
- Jimi Hendrix was a perfectionist and the sound engineer of The Jimi Hendrix Experience had to record songs several dozen times until Jimi was satisfied.
- The Jimi Hendrix Experience’s last performance was held on the 24th of June 1969. Right after that Jimi organized a new band called Gypsy Sun and Rainbows. This band existed for less than a year and didn’t leave behind songs of much substance.
- On the 6th of September Himi Hendrix had his last concert in Germany and on the 18th of September he was found dead in his hotel room in Germany.
- Jimi recorded about 350 songs during his life; however, most of his albums only saw the light of day after his death.
There is still an army of this outstanding musician’s fans all over the world who hang of Jimi Hendrix on their walls and keep him in their hearts.