JESTER MUSIC - PALETTE KNIFE Oil Painting On Canvas By Leonid Afremov
The official online virtual gallery of Leonid Afremov
Here you can purchase oil on canvas paintings directly
- Size: 24"x30" (60cm x 75cm)
- Signature: Signed on the front and back
We would like to present hand painted oil on canvas painting (recreation) of Afremov's artwork mentioned in the title. This art piece made by Leonid Afremov Studio with the same amount of soul and emotion just like the first original painting. The piece is created with oil paint on artistic canvas using Afremov's unique technique of a palette knife. The artwork has a lot of texture, you can feel the strokes by touching this painting. By purchasing on our site, you are buying directly from Leonid Afremov Studio. We guarantee your satisfaction and the best customer experience.
The artwork is signed on the back and on the front. The certificate of authenticity will include the name of the owner who purchased the piece of artwork. The certificate is signed by Leonid Afremov Studio. If you are buying this painting as a gift, please provide us the name of the gift recipient for the certificate. We can also ship to the address of the recipient of your gift.
about this painting:
Always by their side
When we hear the word jesters we usually think about medieval times, kings and queens. However, it’s very difficult to say exactly when they appeared. Some ancient chronicles mention people with body abnormalities. Those people might be considered the first jesters. We can see them depicted in many paintings right next to kings and queens. Were they really there to make people laugh, to make fun of themselves or perhaps they had other intentions? Let’s find out who some of those people were.
World’s famous jesters
- The jester of the French kings Henry III and Henry IV was named Chicot. He was the only one who had a very active political and military life. None of royal jesters could carry any kind of weapons but him. He always had his rapier with him and knew how to use it pretty well. He was allowed to do almost anything. He could lie down on the floor in the middle of the hall and fall asleep during a royal reception. He was even allowed sit on the king’s throne, stand in front of him, mock him and call him a fool! Chicot didn’t have to wear a famous jester’s hat with bells; he had a great taste in clothes and dressed very nicely. As the main job of a jester was to make a king laugh, Chicot was very good at it because he had a very witty mind, a good sense of humor, he was sarcastic and ironic. When he told jokes he never even smiled! He was the king’s best friend and that’s why he was allowed to do so many things.
- Triboulet was a jester of the French king Francis I. As well as Chicot, he was known and loved for his incredible wittiness and intelligence; however, he did wear clothes common for jesters- he was always dressed in red. Such writers as Victor Hugo, for instance, have made his name immortal. You can also meet him among the characters of Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto.
- Another scandalously famous jester is actually our contemporary. Jesse Bogdonoff was a financial advisor at Bank of America and once came across an account with 20 million dollars that hadn’t been used for a long time. He found out that it was the money of a tiny country called Tonga. He was a very clever and opportunistic guy. Jesse went to Tonga, got a couple of stamps from the king and used their money for some time and even earned 11 million more. When Bank of America found out about his, the only way to avoid a law suit was to get a service job in Tonga. And he did. He asked the king if he wanted a court jester. His responsibility would be to advertise tours to Tonga. He advised to invest 20 million in his company and promised to pay them 6 million in two years. When after two years they didn’t see that money they sued him and got 10 million back. He also had to pay them 50% from the money he received from selling his book about how to be a king’s jester in Tonga.
We accept payments via Paypal and major credit/debit cards. All transactionsare done through a secure connection which ensures absolute safety. We guarantee the inviolability of your private information. Your personal data is encrypted and not stored anywhere after the payment was completed. We will not share your information with any other third-party site nor company. With us, your personal information remains strictly confidential. After your payment is received, you will get a confirmation email.
SHIPPING IS FREE TO ANY PLACE IN THE WORLD!
To deliver you order, we use UPS and DHL shipping services for shipping around the world. We can send your painting to any location in the world, the only restriction on the delivery process is Customs legislation of your country.
You will receive an email from the shipping manager with all the details about your purchase within 2 days after your payment.
USA, Canada and Mexico
Shipping is free for Artistic Canvas and Meusuem wrapped paintings to USA, Canada and Mexico.
All other countries
Shipping is free internationally only for Artistic Canvas paintings.
If you wish to have a gallery wrapped painting to be shipped internationally, it costs $50 extra per every 3 paintings. You need to purchase the shipping separately from the order by this link.
If you shall have any questions or doubts about the delivery process, feel free to contact your delivery manager for more details.