I would like to present my hand painted oil on canvas painting (recreation) of the artwork FIR-TREE. I made this piece with the same amount of soul and emotion just like the first original painting. This piece is created with oil paint on artistic canvas using my unique technique of a palette knife. The artwork has texture, you can feel the strokes by touching the painting. By purchasing on this site, you are buying directly from the artist Leonid Afremov. I guarantee your satisfaction and the best customer experience.
The certificate of authenticity will include the name of the owner who purchased the piece of artwork. The certificate is signed by Leonid Afremov. If you buying this painting as a gift, please provide us the name of the gift recipient for the certificate. We can also ship to the address of the recipient of your gift.
about this painting:
FIR-TREE (Christmas Tree)
Christmas is a Christian holiday that is celebrated every year on the 25th of December. It is commemorating the miracle birth of Jesus. There is probably not one person in the world who has never heard about this day, even if he or she is not Christian.
However, even if you do celebrate this day, you probably are not aware of the history of this day. Here are some interesting facts for you about Christmas and the main decoration of this day – a Christmas tree.
- The first celebration of Christmas that we not about took place in Rome in 336 AD!
- The date when Christmas should have been celebrated varied, until it was finally chosen the 25th of December by church to correspond with a pagan holiday of a solstice.
- Christmas tree actually had appeared much earlier than the holiday itself! Pagans used to decorate their homes with fir branches for the solstice. These evergreen branches reminded them that spring was soon to come.
- The first Christmas trees as we understand them now appeared in Estonia and Latvia. Both of these countries claim to be the first to have adopted this tradition. However, we do know that in Tallin, Estonia it appeared a little bit earlier, in 1441. They used to be decorated with golden apples, paper flowers and candies.
- Later the tradition of putting Christmas tree came to Germany, and from there has spread to the whole Europe.
Today when we see a beautifully decorated tree and smell gingerbread and tangerines, we immediately start thinking about a traditional feast, pleasant gifts and winter magic. This atmosphere is wonderfully caught by Leonid Afremov on his fabulous canvas.
Leonid Afremov is one of few artists who are able to catch emotions and not only focus on reality. A richly decorated Christmas tree on one of his paintings looks quite traditional to his painting on canvas technique and the same time, totally different. What is a bit different from many other of his works is a calm and cozy atmosphere that is achieved by eliminating vivid colors and drastic contrasts.
The tree on this painting looks like the one you used to have in your living room as a child. And when you would wake up in the middle of the night to go and check if Santa had left you any presents, you came into the room and saw a tree mysteriously and silently glittering in the darkness.