We would like to present the hand painted recreation oil on canvas painting of the artwork mentioned in the title. This recreation was finished by Leonid Afremov himself with the help of his best studio artists to do pencil drawing and basic background. This painting comes signed by Leonid Afremov himself on the front and the back. Certificate of authenticity provided. This recreation is made almost identical to the original image that you see online. The only difference is patterns and minor details that give the recreation and original feel.
This piece was created with the same amount of soul and emotion just like the first original painting. This piece was created with oil paint on artistic canvas using unique Afremov technique of a palette knife. The artwork has texture, you can feel the strokes by touching the painting. By purchasing on this site, you are buying directly from Leonid Afremov®. We guarantee your satisfaction and the best customer experience.
This recreation comes in a limited stock. Once the stock has finished, it will disappear from sale on the site and will never be offered again.
To learn more about the concept of recreations please click here https://afremov.com/Recreation-what-is-it.html
To view trademark information please click here https://afremov.com/Trademark.html
about this painting:
An enduring cowboy
Who is a cowboy?
As you, probably, know, a cowboy is someone, who takes care about cattle. There are numerous films, depicting scenes of their life, but do you think you realize all peculiarities of their existence? Here are some facts you may find interesting, thrilling or completely impossible.
- Cowboys came to America from Spain after colonization, and since that time many things have changed. Due to differences in cultures, regions, climate and other minor reasons the way of handling cattle and cowboy’s equipment changed a lot.
- A cowboy and his devoted horse could ride fifteen miles every day, but this is their maximum. The thing is that cattle can cover such distance, but if they travel more, they will become too skinny because of big weight loss.
- Travelling for such long distance every day means spending much time far away from home. So, cowboys couldn’t change their clothing and they had to wear it for a couple of weeks. Their outfit was picked up because of weather conditions and protected them. For instance, bandana protected them from breathing in dust, and their hats served them as cups.
- Cowboy songs that you may hear even now, were a necessity, because they had to calm the cattle down, and soothing tunes were all they needed.
Nowadays this profession is much easier than it used to be in the 19th century, but still it deserves great respect.
A typical moment of a herder’s day
This oil cowboy painting depicts a young herder during his work. He is dressed in denim clothing, comfortable enough to complete his mission and a white hat, protecting him from hot sun beams. This man is sitting on his horse’s back, and his legs’ position shows us the quickness of this ride is rather quick. On the foreground you may observe the reason of this stride: a small calf doesn’t want to obey his master’s orders, so the cowboy had to take a lasso in his hands and follow the little animal in a pursuit. You don’t have any extra information, and you can only guess the answers to the following questions:
- Where the action takes place? The background is abstract, and you can’t see any tree, hill or house.
- How many cowboys are near this man? There can be from eight to twelve men, handling an average herd.
- How far this calf managed to escape? You can’t see cattle, and you can try to imagine, whether this cowboy is a hardworking man, or he let the calf go far away before trying to catch it.
If you like everything, connected with the Wild West epoch, this cowboy canvas will become the perfect decoration for your apartment, reminding you about the history of your country.