I would like to present my hand painted oil on canvas painting (recreation) of the artwork CLASSICAL TANGO. I made this piece with the same amount of soul and emotion just like the first original painting. This piece is created with oil paint on artistic canvas using my unique technique of a palette knife. The artwork has texture, you can feel the strokes by touching the painting. By purchasing on this site, you are buying directly from the artist Leonid Afremov. I guarantee your satisfaction and the best customer experience.
The certificate of authenticity will include the name of the owner who purchased the piece of artwork. The certificate is signed by Leonid Afremov. If you buying this painting as a gift, please provide us the name of the gift recipient for the certificate. We can also ship to the address of the recipient of your gift.
about this painting:
History of the dance
Tango is one of the most beautiful and passionate dances in the world. Its graceful postures, sleek moves and burning atmosphere make it a pleasure both to dance and to observe. Like every dance, tango has a history and here are a few facts about it you might not be aware of:
1. Tango actually originated in the impoverished areas of Buenos Aires. It was danced by European and African immigrants in the streets and brothels, that’s why it represents a fusion of several styles.
2. The dance gained particular popularity because it was one of a few ways to get close to women. In the early 20th century, there was a huge shortage of women in Buenos Aires where mostly men would come in search of a job.
3. The aristocratic class of Buenos Aires perceived tango as an improper and scandalous dance because of its sexual implications.
4. In the middle of the century, tango was officially banned by the new government that prohibited citizens from dancing tango and even simply playing tango songs. Of course, tango didn’t die, it just moved underground.
5. Before tango, all dances in Europe consisted of a strict sequence of moves that all dancers had to follow. Tango was the first genre to introduce improvisation. After debuting in Paris, the dance swept over the entire Europe gaining enormous popularity.
And even though there are many other trendy contemporary genres today, tango remains a piece of classic heritage everyone loves. Leonid Afremov is a great fan of tango, too. We can definitely see it in this beautiful canvas showing a dancing couple locked in fiery embrace. Let’s take a closer look at it and give in to the magic of the dance!
Electricity in the air
From the way the heroes of the painting are depicted, we can surely say there is a lot of chemistry between them. Their postures are full of passion, they gaze into each other’s eyes with desire. The man holds the woman in his arms softly yet safely. Her hands look particularly graceful in long black gloves and her black dress looks immaculate against a fiery red background. This is just a short pause in the whirlpool of steps and moves and in a second the couple will rise and continue sliding across the floor. But how pleasant it is to let this moment last for a bit longer! You can do it by decorating your home with this elegant and emotional painting by Leonid Afremov. In the artist’s online gallery you will find a wide array of pictures, from magnificent landscapes depicting Red Cliffs in Utah to delicate still life with roses and wine. Choose a canvas you like best and find a place for it on your wall!