I would like to present my hand painted oil on canvas painting (recreation) of the artwork CHARLIE PARKER. I made this piece with the same amount of soul and emotion just like the first original painting. This piece is created with oil paint on artistic canvas using my unique technique of a palette knife. The artwork has texture, you can feel the strokes by touching the painting. By purchasing on this site, you are buying directly from the artist Leonid Afremov. I guarantee your satisfaction and the best customer experience.
The certificate of authenticity will include the name of the owner who purchased the piece of artwork. The certificate is signed by Leonid Afremov. If you buying this painting as a gift, please provide us the name of the gift recipient for the certificate. We can also ship to the address of the recipient of your gift.
about this painting:
Jazzman for the ages
Do you like jazz? If so then Charlie Parker, this colorful painting, is definitely for you. But it will also suit anyone who is at least passingly familiar with art. With this painting Leonid continues his musical series.
Here, as always, he managed to brilliantly portray the famous musician. Charlie Parker is pictured engaged in his favorite pastime - playing the saxophone. His fingers masterfully glide on the keys of the instrument. He is completely immersed in the playing - music pervades him from head to hills. It plays in his head, sinking deeper and deeper, penetrating into the very soul. Only a genius can make an instrument produce such magical sounds. Although the painting does not give us the opportunity to hear the music and sounds in general, but it can give us the opportunity to imagine those feelings that the musician experiences during the playing, to feel his mood, his emotions which Leonid Afremov emphasized with the bright palette of colors that he used for the background. It is depicted in the form of multi-colored strokes, the color of which varies depending on how remote they are from the figure of the musician. For his painting, the artist uses yellow and orange shades while closer to the edges appear dark blue and purple ones. It seems that the musician is a kind of a source of heat. His powerful radiation can warm not only the hearts of the listeners present at his concert, but also the hearts of spectators contemplating this amazing masterpiece of art.
We hope that your heart will also be filled with warmth and joy whenever you see this painting and the music of the Great saxophonist will sound in your head!
And, as always, here are some interesting facts about the musician:
- There some versions of the origin of the nickname Yardbird. The most common – he was called so by his friends, because of Parker's excessive predilection for fried chicken. Another says that during a trip with his band Parker accidentally drove into a hencoop.
- Parker simply adored the music of the violinist Yasha Heifetz and could listen to his records for hours.
- His favorite string orchestra recordings repelled his numerous admirers. They argued that Parker sold himself for money that severely injured the musician.
- His composition "Night and Day" sounds in the computer game Grand Theft Auto IV.
- In 1948, he earned the title of "musician of the year" according to the authoritative magazine "Metronome".
- He was very interested in the music of Igor Stravinsky, feeling him as like-minded person in terms of musical texture.
- He played 5 saxophones, including one, made specially for him by the company "King".