I would like to present my hand painted oil on canvas painting (recreation) of the artwork BOOKS. I made this piece with the same amount of soul and emotion just like the first original painting. This piece is created with oil paint on artistic canvas using my unique technique of a palette knife. The artwork has texture, you can feel the strokes by touching the painting. By purchasing on this site, you are buying directly from the artist Leonid Afremov. I guarantee your satisfaction and the best customer experience.
The certificate of authenticity will include the name of the owner who purchased the piece of artwork. The certificate is signed by Leonid Afremov. If you buying this painting as a gift, please provide us the name of the gift recipient for the certificate. We can also ship to the address of the recipient of your gift.
about this painting:
Nowadays, less and less people read books. They prefer to watch movies instead because it’s faster, simpler and more exciting. While it may take you days and even weeks to finish a book, a movie filmed by that book takes just a couple of hours to watch. Besides, there is a ready picture before your eyes that immediately gets you involved without any effort. However, movies will never fully replace books because reading is a peculiar pleasure. Here are just some of the advantages it can offer us.
The perks of reading
- It’s an absorbing and fascinating pastime. You can take a book anywhere and read it whenever you wish.
- There are a great number of genres for you to choose from. Detectives, love stories, philosophical novels, sci-fi and fantasy - you will definitely pick something to your taste.
- Even if you can’t seem to find a printed edition of a book you want, you can rustle it up in the internet.
- Reading stimulates imagination. When you read, your mind draws a picture of what’s happening on the pages of the book. It’s a great workout for your brain. You kind of become the producer of your own movie.
- Finally, reading books, collecting books, arranging them on the shelves is a special process. There is something inexplicably noble and aesthetic about it. The smell of freshly printed paper, the cozy rustle of pages… This beautiful oil painting by Leonid Afremov called ‘Books’ perfectly captures that aura!
A few more books for your collection
At first sight, the painting is pretty simple. It shows a group of books carelessly leaned and piled onto each other. The books are of different size and color. Some of them are thick and massive, other are relatively thin paperbacks. But all of them seem to be pretty old. We can see that they have been repeatedly read and reread, since their pages are yellowed and turned up. We can only guess what these books are about. Perhaps they tell about incredible adventures, far lands and noble heroes? Or maybe they contain someone’s reflections on the nature of things? Or gracefully rhymed lines describing the beauty of the surrounding world? Whatever they tell a curious eye snatching a look at the contents, they are obviously worth reading. You can put this lovely painting near your own books shelf or hang it separately in a room where there are no books. It will look nice in any interior! Search our website for more still life paintings by Leonid Afremov and discover the colorful world of his amazing art!