We would like to present hand painted oil on canvas painting (recreation) of Afremov's artwork mentioned in the title. This art piece made by Leonid Afremov Studio with the same amount of soul and emotion just like the first original painting. The piece is created with oil paint on artistic canvas using Afremov's unique technique of a palette knife. The artwork has a lot of texture, you can feel the strokes by touching this painting. By purchasing on our site, you are buying directly from Leonid Afremov Studio. We guarantee your satisfaction and the best customer experience.
The artwork is signed on the back and on the front. The certificate of authenticity will include the name of the owner who purchased the piece of artwork. The certificate is signed by Leonid Afremov Studio. If you are buying this painting as a gift, please provide us the name of the gift recipient for the certificate. We can also ship to the address of the recipient of your gift.
About Leonid Afremov Studio - https://afremov.com/visit-my-studio.html
about this painting:
Northern countries amaze us with their severe yet romantic spirit. And Belgium is no exception. Washed by the cold waves of the North Sea, it is nevertheless known as a friendly and hospitable land where you can find plenty of things to do and meet a great number of interesting people. As an avid traveller, Leonid Afremov couldn’t miss visiting this wonderful country. He brought home a number of amazing sketches and paintings showing picturesque streets and panoramic waterscapes of Belgian cities. One of them is right before you.
Fog in the sails
The weather is foggy and broody, but the water is strikingly clear, as if the fog didn’t dare touching it’s icy surface. The harbor is crowded with boats. Aligned by the pier, they disperse the ghostly tranquility of the day with their freshly painted sides and cheery flags fluttering in the breeze. Their colorful reflections dance in the waves creating a merry ripple. Looming in the distance, a lonely tower of a gothic cathedral seems to be the last frontier of the visible world and behind it there is only an endless celestial waste, milky white and impenetrable.
Facts you didn’t know about Belgium
1. The country is a large chocolate manufacturer. There is around 22kg of sweets produced in Belgium per person each year.
2. It was a Belgian city that first gained a charter of rights in Europe (Huy, 1066).
3. Belgium is a very free-thinking country. Homosexual marriages and euthanasia have been legalized here for years.
4. The citizens of Belgium are also very socially conscious. They pay some of the highest taxes in the world (40%) and are obliged to vote. Despite that, people still want to live in this country and 15% of the population are immigrants.
5. And the most mind-blowing fact - the Belgian highway system is so packed with lights that it is actually visible from the moon!
What else can we say, Belgium is a great country to visit - or at least to decorate your wall with a beautiful Belgian seascape like that. Sized 40 x 30 inches, it can become your private window to distant lands and foreign seas that will expand the boundaries of your everyday reality. We have no doubt that Leonid Afremov’s unusual style and romantic set of mind won’t leave you indifferent!