Book the Artist by Dmitry Afremov part 1

Book about my father Leonid Afremov
Dmitry-Afremov
Site Admin
Posts: 71
Joined: Sun May 24, 2026 1:50 pm

Book the Artist by Dmitry Afremov part 1

Post by Dmitry-Afremov »

Image

Hello,

My name is Dmitry Afremov. I'm the son of the artist Leonid Afremov. I wrote a book about my father some years ago. I would like to share the book with you.

Here is the first paragraph.

"It’s so cold to wake up in a frosty winter morning in Mexico!
Only 60 degrees, and without heating it is very cold. It’s still
dark. The Caribbean Sea is splashing outside the window.
Staying in bed, I’m groping for my cellphone – it’s my daily
routine. The website has not crashed. For some reason it likes
to crash at night – it's a mystery to me. This is probably the
reason why the entire development department is situated on
the other side of the globe. Well, now I can open one eye and
check the mailbox. There are a huge number of unanswered
e-mails. It’s Gera’s area… apparently last night he hung out at
a nightclub with another pretty Brazilian. He is 26, it’s a good
age to hang out. A quick glance at the social networks; they are
Olga’s department, so everything is always in order there
because she is a very conscientious girl"

here is the audio book illustration for this paragraph on youtube



you can order the digital book here https://www.amazon.com/Leonid-Afremov-A ... 365&sr=8-1


Please tell us what you think about the illustrations for the audio book


Links to our social media profiles
https://www.facebook.com/leonidafremovofficialpage/
https://x.com/afremovartcom
https://www.instagram.com/afremov?utm_s ... c0MzIxNw==
https://www.youtube.com/@afremovgallery
https://www.tiktok.com/@afremovartstudi ... _device=pc
MapleRunner84
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri May 29, 2026 9:11 am

Re: Book the Artist by Dmitry Afremov part 1

Post by MapleRunner84 »

I like this opening. It feels very real — not like a polished biography, but like someone just letting us into a regular morning from his life. The little details about the cold, the website, emails, and the team make it easy to imagine the whole scene. Makes me curious to hear more
GreenPorchAmy
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri May 29, 2026 9:36 am

Re: Book the Artist by Dmitry Afremov part 1

Post by GreenPorchAmy »

Interesting opening. It gives a very casual, behind-the-scenes look at everyday life and makes the story feel personal right from the start. I'm curious to see how it connects to Leonid Afremov's journey and the family business as the book progresses.
DailyHikerSam
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri May 29, 2026 9:29 am

Re: Book the Artist by Dmitry Afremov part 1

Post by DailyHikerSam »

Maybe it's just me, but the introduction seems to focus more on your daily business operations and staff than on Leonid Afremov himself. Since the book is presented as being about your father, I expected the opening to connect more directly to his life, art, or personality. The illustrations look fine, but I'm not yet sure how they relate to the story you're trying to tell.
NorthStarBen
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri May 29, 2026 9:20 am

Re: Book the Artist by Dmitry Afremov part 1

Post by NorthStarBen »

Afremov's work is amazing.
PineStreetJoe
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri May 29, 2026 9:28 am

Re: Book the Artist by Dmitry Afremov part 1

Post by PineStreetJoe »

The excerpt feels very personal and atmospheric, giving a behind-the-scenes glimpse into daily life that contrasts with the public image of the artist’s work, and the audiobook illustration adds another layer by visually interpreting that narrative. It also creates an interesting bridge between storytelling and visual art, where the mood of the text can influence how the illustrations are perceived. I am a young artist, can I sell my paintings through you?
BackroadsLeo
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri May 29, 2026 9:36 am

Re: Book the Artist by Dmitry Afremov part 1

Post by BackroadsLeo »

I admire Afremov, his paintings are incredible!
RedBarnChris
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri May 29, 2026 9:30 am

Re: Book the Artist by Dmitry Afremov part 1

Post by RedBarnChris »

It’s actually really moving how these custom pieces go beyond standard portrait work and turn personal moments into something almost cinematic, especially through that emotional use of light and color. The idea of preserving memories like weddings, pets, and homes in an expressive painterly style really explains why people would value them as long-term emotional objects rather than just decoration. I’m a young artist myself — would it be possible to sell my paintings through your platform or work with your studio in some way?
Post Reply

Return to “Book about Artist Leonid Afremov”