We would like to present hand painted oil on canvas painting (recreation) of Afremov's artwork mentioned in the title. This art piece made by Leonid Afremov Studio with the same amount of soul and emotion just like the first original painting. The piece is created with oil paint on artistic canvas using Afremov's unique technique of a palette knife. The artwork has a lot of texture, you can feel the strokes by touching this painting. By purchasing on our site, you are buying directly from Leonid Afremov Studio. We guarantee your satisfaction and the best customer experience.
The artwork is signed on the back and on the front. The certificate of authenticity will include the name of the owner who purchased the piece of artwork. The certificate is signed by Leonid Afremov Studio. If you are buying this painting as a gift, please provide us the name of the gift recipient for the certificate. We can also ship to the address of the recipient of your gift.
About Leonid Afremov Studio - https://afremov.com/visit-my-studio.html
about this painting:
VENICE IN COLOR
Paintings of Venice
This painting is done in a specific technique used by Leonid Afremov – painting with oil using a palette knife. Many artists tried to depict Venice in their paintings, and the most famous ones are 18th century paintings of Venice. This city is undoubtedly beautiful and full of interesting sights; its architecture is unique and fascinating. That’s probably why lot’s of artists of the 18th century were inspired by it, and created lots of landscapes of Venice. The famous Venetian art school goes back to the 15th century, and has influenced many artists at the time. The style of paintings was realistic, sensual and poetic. But if you look at Afremov’s painting of Venice, it doesn’t seem real, you see the mood, the feelings he has for the city, it’s nothing like a photograph. If you are looking at a painting and see the bold texture, the bright and clean colors, if you feel the warm evening breeze and hear the soft waves lightly hitting your gondola – you are probably looking at a painting by Leonid Afremov. We highly recommend buying it and hanging it in any room of your house.
Have you ever dreamt of going to the city of love? If you haven’t, you should definitely visit it! Here are the places you should most certainly visit:
- The greatest advantage of Venice is that you can see the three major sights without going anywhere – they are all located in one square! Visit Basilica di San Marco, Doge’s Palace, Torre dell’Orologio all at once!
- The second best tourist attraction is, of course, getting around in a gondola (a long boat that also works like a taxi for locals);
- Follow James Bond! If you’ve seen Casino Royale, there are special tours for you to go to the places where the movie was filmed;
- If you are a fan of seafood, Venice is the place to be. You can try regular lobster and shrimp, or go with something more interesting like granseola (which is a spider crab) or garusoli (which is sea snails);
- And of course, don’t leave without trying the greatest ice-cream you can ever have – gelato. There are multiple stands, but we recommend Boutique del Gelato. Get ready to wait a little longer, there’s always a huge crowd there, but it’s so worth it.
If you have been to Venice before, we are sure you want to visit it again. Do you have a picture of Venice from your travels? You can create your own painting in a palette knife technique, and we will tell you how:
- get two palette knives – a small and a big one, and some oil paint. Pick your favorite colors, or look at your picture and choose accordingly;
- before you start painting, put on your old clothes, you will probably make a mess while mixing paint, and oil paint is not the kind of paint that washes off completely;
- the main rule that you need to remember is to wipe off the blade of your knife after each use of a new color, prepare by buying lots of paper towels;
- don’t try to finish your painting the next day: the oil will dry out and you won’t be able to work with it; the palette knife technique only works with fresh paint;
- Start with the bright details on the background, like sun, or moon, or city lights; then move to the sky and water, then finish with the darker parts of your painting, like the ground;
- Use your big palette knife first; don’t use the smaller one until you fully cover the whole canvas with the background;
- Don’t forget to clean off your blade after each use. If you don’t do that, the new color will mix with the old color, making a painting look messy. We need nice and clean colors for the artwork;
- When you are done with the background, take your smaller knife and begin painting the details. Don’t forget to scrape off the excess paint from the painting for your small details, so there're no mixing colors;
- Be patient and confident! Your first painting may not be a complete success, but at least you had fun making it!
- If these instructions weren’t enough for you, you can check out our online video lessons section for more information.
Even if you don’t like painting, or if you can't go to Venice right now, we recommend you to purchase this painting to have a tiny piece of Venice in your own home. How wonderful would it be to have it hanging in your bedroom so the first thing you see when you wake up is this beautiful art piece? You can buy it gallery wrapped for only an extra $29, Then it will have that fancy look, or you can buy it unwrapped and buy a frame of your choice. Either way: what a great addition to your home!