I would like to present my hand painted oil on canvas painting (recreation) of the artwork VENICE, GONDOLA. I made this piece with the same amount of soul and emotion just like the first original painting. This piece is created with oil paint on artistic canvas using my unique technique of a palette knife. The artwork has texture, you can feel the strokes by touching the painting. By purchasing on this site, you are buying directly from the artist Leonid Afremov. I guarantee your satisfaction and the best customer experience.
The certificate of authenticity will include the name of the owner who purchased the piece of artwork. The certificate is signed by Leonid Afremov. If you buying this painting as a gift, please provide us the name of the gift recipient for the certificate. We can also ship to the address of the recipient of your gift.
about this painting:
Leonid Afremov invites you to visit one of the most beautiful cities in the world – Venice. Hardly among you there is someone who has not heard about this place and everyone probably has his own associations about this magnificent city. Well, let's list the most popular of them – carnival, gondola, endless channels –the quintessence of all this we see in the painting of Leonid Afremov. Thus, we see a channel and two gondolas with brightly dressed people onboard– typical participants of the Venetian carnival. In the left gondola we see a girl resembling a princess. A medieval outfit with magnificent sleeves and a crown on her head clearly indicates her image. In the right gondola – two people, one of whom is dressed in a clown's attire. In his right hand he holds a torch. Of course, this is part of the image. It is rather hard to describe the attire of his companion – on her head we see some strange white hat. She is holding something in her hands, it seems to be a musical instrument, probably bagpipes.
Carelessly moving along a quiet Venetian channel, this trinity surely causes exclamations of joy and surprise among all the residents of houses standing along the shore. Accustomed to such a spectacle, they still lean out of the windows to look at the new costumes and greet the participants of the carnival in the hope of seeing the original costume. In the background, we see a bridge with two people. These two, whether tourists or locals have become they witnesses of this colorful spectacle and frozen, they stand watching the floating gondola.
Immerse yourself in the mindbending atmosphere of a Venetian holiday with the painting of Leonid Afremov.
Carnival every day
As always we tried to prepare the most interesting facts about the venetian carnival in the hope to inspire you on visiting this marvelous city:
- The author of the anthem of the Venice Carnival is the fashion designer Pierre Cardin, a native of the region of Venice.
- The cat's mask owes its origin to a simple enough reason: there were very few cats in Venice and the inhabitants of the city experienced great interest and respect for them.
- The costume of Doctor Plague come from a real costume, which was a necessary accessory during epidemics. Then this mask was considered a carnival reminder of death.
- During the carnival work was not encouraged. If someone was caught on this, they could be tied up and dragged to the church. There the "guilty" drank the wine until he drops.
- In those days, when the carnival lasted for six months, people were always in masks, even in church and in court.