I would like to present my hand painted oil on canvas painting (recreation) of the artwork THE WINDOWS OF AMSTERDAM. I made this piece with the same amount of soul and emotion just like the first original painting. This piece is created with oil paint on artistic canvas using my unique technique of a palette knife. The artwork has texture, you can feel the strokes by touching the painting. By purchasing on this site, you are buying directly from the artist Leonid Afremov. I guarantee your satisfaction and the best customer experience.
The certificate of authenticity will include the name of the owner who purchased the piece of artwork. The certificate is signed by Leonid Afremov. If you buying this painting as a gift, please provide us the name of the gift recipient for the certificate. We can also ship to the address of the recipient of your gift.
about this painting:
The window of Amsterdam
Walking around the Dutch capital
You will certainly not be able to resist the desire to purchase the canvas with the image of the Dutch capital made in the best traditions of impressionism – it is full of all sorts of colors, the city is painted in autumn shades which become even brighter when illuminated by lanterns. We see that autumn only came into its own and since there are many green leaves on the trees the autumn is still on its way, however, the yellowness that we see in the paining is emphasized several times with the help of the light of the lanterns. The autumn colors are present not only in nature depicted in the painting but also in the urban landscape – in the windows of the houses there are a lot of orange yellow and red shades. All these colors create very cozy atmosphere that is complemented by the empty streets – we do not see a single passerby, only at the lamp we can distinguish the contours of a parked car. Apparently, despite the beauty of autumn, the weather does not invite to go for walks. It may be too late – the townspeople went to sleep.
The city of water
Have you been to Amsterdam? If yes, then this city will stay in your heart forever... And if not, then read these facts that will make you include Amsterdam in the list of the cities that you should definitely visit!
- On the Dam Square – the main square of Amsterdam – the traffic of tourists does not stop any day of the year at any time of the day.
- The citizens always take a raincoat, as the weather in Amsterdam is unpredictable due to the proximity of the sea, and rain can start at any time. With an umbrella (and this is the main transport in the city) it is very uncomfortable to ride on a bicycle, but in a raincoat – a real deal.
- April 30, the Queen's Day, the whole city dresses in a royal orange color.
- Amsterdam is the city of canals, which are crossed by over 600 bridges. The most beautiful are Blaubourg and Maheret-Brug (“Skinny Bridge”).
- The most pleasant way to travel around Amsterdam is by bike. Over half a million “iron horses” have been registered among local residents! Tourists can rent bicycles directly in the city center.
We wish you to feel the whole atmosphere of comfort and warmth that this painting creates!