I would like to present my hand painted oil on canvas painting (recreation) of the artwork RODEO 2. I made this piece with the same amount of soul and emotion just like the first original painting. This piece is created with oil paint on artistic canvas using my unique technique of a palette knife. The artwork has texture, you can feel the strokes by touching the painting. By purchasing on this site, you are buying directly from the artist Leonid Afremov. I guarantee your satisfaction and the best customer experience.
The certificate of authenticity will include the name of the owner who purchased the piece of artwork. The certificate is signed by Leonid Afremov. If you buying this painting as a gift, please provide us the name of the gift recipient for the certificate. We can also ship to the address of the recipient of your gift.
about this painting:
Romance of the Wild West
Cowboys and the Wild West… This theme will never go out of fashion! Imagine a dusty street somewhere in Texas, a crowded saloon with swinging doors and a shabby pianola, full of men in hats and leather boots, drinking, playing cards or even shooting into the air… Danger and nonchalance, сarouse and romance, aces up your sleeve and bullets in your gun… Who wouldn’t want to live a life like for one day? Even at the risk of being hurt in a shootout or getting caught by a sherif while robbing a bank! And what about rodeo? Would you be able to hold up in the saddle on a furiously kicking horse? Living in Mexico, Leonid Afremov saw that dozens of times. He even decided to depict rodeo in one of his paintings. His colorful emotional canvas perfectly conveys the thrill of this traditional cowboy entertainment!
Curios facts about rodeo
But first let’s find out more about the history of rodeo and interesting facts connected with it:
1. This sport has been around since the late 19th century when the first rodeo contest was held in Arizona.
2. As you can guess, rodeo emerged from herding practices in America and Mexico. Aside from bull and horse riding, it also includes other activities: tie-down roping, steer wrestling and barrel racing.
3. Rodeo is the official sport of two states, Texas and Wyoming.
4. The ‘rankest’ bull in history was famous under the name Bodacious. At 1,600 pounds, he would knock off even the hardiest cowboys in a single second. In 1999 he was even inducted into the Rodeo Hall of Fame.
5. Continuing the story of Bodacious, we should also mention Wade Leslie, the only bull rider who scored 100. He received that number for staying on Bodacious for eight seconds. Ever since then, nobody has been able to match his score.
Hold up, cowboy!
If you are fascinated with the Wild West and everything about it, you’ll definitely appreciate this amazing canvas called ‘Rodeo,’ part of Leonid Afremov’s artwork introduced on our site. It shows a man barely holding on the back of a hot-tempered horse. The animal is kicking and galloping, trying to throw the rider down to the ground, its mane disheveled and its nostrils wide open. The man, dressed in a usual cowboy outfit, is doing his best to stay in the saddle, but he’s almost knocked off, with his arms and legs up in the air. You can’t say what will happen the next second, whether he is going to regain his position or fall. Bright colors and dynamic strokes used by the artist emphasize the tension of the moment. This lovely painting can decorate your room! Visit the website of Leonid Afremov and choose a canvas that best suits your interior design requirements and tastes in art!