We would like to present hand painted oil on canvas painting (recreation) of Afremov's artwork mentioned in the title. This art piece made by Leonid Afremov Studio with the same amount of soul and emotion just like the first original painting. The piece is created with oil paint on artistic canvas using Afremov's unique technique of a palette knife. The artwork has a lot of texture, you can feel the strokes by touching this painting. By purchasing on our site, you are buying directly from Leonid Afremov Studio. We guarantee your satisfaction and the best customer experience.
The artwork is signed on the back and on the front. The certificate of authenticity will include the name of the owner who purchased the piece of artwork. The certificate is signed by Leonid Afremov Studio. If you are buying this painting as a gift, please provide us the name of the gift recipient for the certificate. We can also ship to the address of the recipient of your gift.
About Leonid Afremov Studio - https://afremov.com/visit-my-studio.html
about this painting:
RIDING WITH THE WAVE
WATER ON CANVAS
Water is an element associated with life, because no living creature can do without it. Its ever-changing nature has always attracted humans, since deeply inside we change as fastly and unpredictably as the water does. Of course, our ancestors didn’t have science back then. But their urge to understand, break into elements and recreate the reality again was the reason the first wave painting was born:
- Among the first cave paintings we already can encounter the images of rivers or the sea. This was their great supplier of drinking water or food.
- Later on, when people started to build ships and explore distant lands, water started to obtain its symbolical meaning. Lakes and pound were believed to be portals to other worlds, specifically to the world of the dead, because it was rare to come back home alive. For example, what does the Great Wave painting by Hokusai mean? The struggle between a human and the nature where people are destined to lose.
- Panta rhei, Heraclitus famous philosophical discovery that can be translated as “everything flows” gave way to perceiving water as something unstable and often deceptive, however,
- In the Middle Ages, people thought that water had something to do with witchcraft and mystery. Those who believed that they were magicians used water in their rituals.
- In contemporary art, this element is often connected with the emotional state. For example, in many Hollywood movies a heavy rain or a storm in the sea are great backgrounds for the main character going through an emotional crisis.
Water in Leonid Afremov’s art
Since human spirit is as ever-changing and multifaceted as the water element, it’s understandable why Afremov decides to depict a naked young woman on this canvas. Her hands are above her head, her body tight and slim.
The strokes are so dynamic and expressive that the painting seems 3D. The girl is trying to merge with the wave and become with it an integral whole. Drops of water form a powerful flow of colors, and the painting seems to be sparkling energy. This sensual and positive painting will bring incredibly positive energy into your home.
Real art for knockdown price
Leonid Afremov is an artist with a diploma and internationally recognized name. However, his art is affordable to anyone. For less than $500 you get an original paint of art performed by the painter himself. Also, keep in mind that we offer free shipping worldwide.