I would like to present my hand painted oil on canvas painting (recreation) of the artwork BOXER "MUHAMMAD ALI MEMORIAL PAINTING". I made this piece with the same amount of soul and emotion just like the first original painting. This piece is created with oil paint on artistic canvas using my unique technique of a palette knife. The artwork has texture, you can feel the strokes by touching the painting. By purchasing on this site, you are buying directly from the artist Leonid Afremov. I guarantee your satisfaction and the best customer experience.
The certificate of authenticity will include the name of the owner who purchased the piece of artwork. The certificate is signed by Leonid Afremov. If you buying this painting as a gift, please provide us the name of the gift recipient for the certificate. We can also ship to the address of the recipient of your gift.
about this painting:
Fascinating Muhammad Ali
Muhammad Ali was an outstanding boxer and a great person. He was an inspiration for so many young men who pursued a career in boxing! Leonid Afremov has created this wonderful Muhammad Ali painting to commemorate the memory of this amazing person in our hearts.
Five interesting stories about Muhammad Ali
So much has been written about Muhammad Ali over the years of his life; however, there are still some facts that might fascinate and intrigue you. Here are five interesting stories from the life of the outstanding Muhammad Ali.
- Muhammad Ali is not his real name. He changed it several times in his life. When he was born his parents called him Cassius Marcellus Clay. In 1964 he submitted to Islam and became Cassius X and then later took the name Muhammad Ali.
- He was one of Sufis. After the incident of 1967 when he didn’t go to the US army saying that it was against his religious beliefs and he lost his title in the super heavyweight bout, he became a Sufi. Sufism is one of the most peaceful religious. Sufis think that when you intentionally hurt someone, you cause pain to all humanity and destroy the world. This religion was exactly what he supported and the way he had lived for years before he submitted to it.
- Prior to his legendary come back Muhammad Ali was injured. He had a broken rib. It happened when he was training for the match with his friend. He only had half a year to prepare.
- Parkinson’s disease taught Muhammad Ali new ways of communication. He was diagnosed in 1984 when he was 42 years old. Gesticulating was very important to him. He could communicate using his hands, fingers and mimicry.
- Muhammad Ali was a nonprofessional magician. He would always surprise his friends with different tricks. He could make a red silk scarf disappear, break a coin and put it back together. But one of his favorite tricks was to levitate.
On the 4th of June 2016 Muhammad Ali passed away. This news left a giant mark in hearts of many people. Some of them came to the hospital holding pictures of Muhammad Ali in order to support his family and commemorate this great person. Leonid Afremov, in his turn, painted this beautiful impressionist canvas so that you could hang it at your home and always remember what an inspiring person Ali was. No matter what happens in your life keep fighting and never give up!