We would like to present the hand painted recreation oil on canvas painting of the artwork mentioned in the title. This painting comes signed by on the front and the back. Certificate of authenticity provided.
This piece was created with the same amount of soul and emotion just like the first original painting. This piece was created with oil paint on artistic canvas using unique Afremov technique of a palette knife. The artwork has texture, you can feel the strokes by touching the painting. By purchasing on this site, you are buying directly from Leonid Afremov®. We guarantee your satisfaction and the best customer experience.
Please read this page to learn more about recreations https://afremov.com/Recreation-what-is-it.html
about this painting:
Of course, we all know that lion is considered the king of animals. The fault is not only his appearance but also the qualities that he possesses – this is strength, endurance, and ruthlessness. But are lions so strong and hardy as we used to think? You can’t say for sure, but you can say with a certain degree of certainty that this is an amazingly beautiful animal that is probably why it is considered the king of animals. Certainly, the main decoration of the lion is its mane. But only males possess it – females lack this decoration. We don’t know exactly why nature still rewards the males with such an adornment, but it definitely arouses respect and reverence. Some people think that since lions belong to the cat family, their habits completely resemble those of a domestic cat. But this is not entirely true – although in part they are right – if we watch how lions wash their cubs, then we will find a certain similarity with how domestic cats lick themselves, but that’s probably all their similarities. These cats differ primarily in size and therefore weigh a lot more – they really pose a real threat to humans, especially if they are hungry, but fortunately the man understood this a long time ago and the lion for him is only a matter of aesthetic pleasure as for the artist Leonid Afremov, who tried to depict this beautiful animal on his lion painting.
Grace of nature
Unfortunately, some people do not understand how precious these cats are. Although they are large and strong, they are rather vulnerable to people with weapons and rifles. A man went too far in the extermination of animals – art helps us to see and understand that beauty is actually very vulnerable. To understand the work of Leonid Afremov even better we present to your attention a few interesting facts about lions:
- Disputes about who is larger – a lion or a tiger – are still ongoing. The point of view that tigers are still larger is disputed by a number of scientists.
- A liger, a hybrid of a lion and a tigress, is always larger than its parents. Its mass can reach half a ton.
- Among all representatives of the cat family, the lions are the highest.
- An adult lion can easily weigh up to a quarter ton. Lionesses weigh about half as much.
- The length of the hair in the lion's mane can reach up to forty centimeters.
Animalism as it is
There is a separate genre of art called animalism. It is the genre of the painting by Leonid Afremov, in which he used many bright colors following his style. These paints are very suitable for depicting such an animal as a lion that lives in Africa as the African nature is known to be full of bright colors. Perhaps you often wonder why even buy this painting? What can it give you? How can it decorate your interior? Here is the answer to these questions:
- Leonid Afremov can be attributed to the number of world-famous artists of our time. As you know, paintings written by such artists over time become even more valuable.
- If you consider yourself a successful and strong person, then this lion painting will be the embodiment of your character.
- If you are a fan of contemporary art, then this painting will add to this a vivid example of such art in your collection.
We don’t know what kind of paintings your collection actually consists of but we know for sure that this painting will not be superfluous.