We would like to present the hand painted recreation oil on canvas painting of the artwork mentioned in the title. This painting comes signed by on the front and the back. Certificate of authenticity provided.
This piece was created with the same amount of soul and emotion just like the first original painting. This piece was created with oil paint on artistic canvas using unique Afremov technique of a palette knife. The artwork has texture, you can feel the strokes by touching the painting. By purchasing on this site, you are buying directly from Leonid Afremov®. We guarantee your satisfaction and the best customer experience.
Please read this page to learn more about recreations https://afremov.com/Recreation-what-is-it.html
about this painting:
SYMBOL OF LOVE
Even though the Beatles nowadays is not as popular as it used to be before, it will never be forgotten by the true fans. This band has dedicated a lot of songs to the most important feeling so often represented in arts. Leonid Afremov creates this John Lennon painting as a symbol of all the love and positive thoughts that his fans share. Probably, you feel the same way too.
Who was John Lennon?
Looking at John Lennon paintings, you always start thinking about his interesting life and tragic death. He truly was a great person whose art changed many people’s lives. But what was his life like?
- John Lennon was born in the English port city of Liverpool. His mother Julia and father Alfred Lennon practically did not live together. Shortly after the birth of his son, Alfred was taken to the front, and Julia met another man and married him. When John was 4 years old, he moved to live with his mother's sister, Mimi Smith, who did not have her own children. The boy rarely saw his mother, their relationship was more friendly than maternal and sons.
- At school he studied very poorly, because he could not endure the routine of daily classes. But John sang in the choir, published his own magazine, talentedly painted.
- When in the mid-fifties England was overtaken by a rock-n-roll boom, teenagers began to create their own groups at every turn. Young Lennon did not stand aside. A year later, the first boy from another district of the city joined the group. He was younger than the others, but played the guitar much better. It was Paul McCartney, who soon brought in George Harrison.
- After graduating from secondary school, John Lennon managed to fail all final exams and the only educational institution that agreed to accept an unusual teenager was Liverpool College of Art. But even art education did not appeal to John.
- Since the beginning of the 60s, the guys have completely focused on music. They not only made their own cover versions of famous hits, but also began to write their own songs. Gradually, the group became popular in their native Liverpool, after which the Beatles traveled to Hamburg several times, where they played in nightclubs. And the rest of the story you probably know.
Icon on canvas
On his canvas, Afremov paints John Lennon with care and admiration. He chooses the brightest and shiniest colors that can represent the bright soul of this musician. If you know anyone who loves Lennon or The Beatles, then this painting is the best gift you can possibly imagine.