We would like to present hand painted oil on canvas painting (recreation) of Afremov's artwork mentioned in the title. This art piece made by Leonid Afremov Studio with the same amount of soul and emotion just like the first original painting. The piece is created with oil paint on artistic canvas using Afremov's unique technique of a palette knife. The artwork has a lot of texture, you can feel the strokes by touching this painting. By purchasing on our site, you are buying directly from Leonid Afremov Studio. We guarantee your satisfaction and the best customer experience.
The artwork is signed on the back and on the front. The certificate of authenticity will include the name of the owner who purchased the piece of artwork. The certificate is signed by Leonid Afremov Studio. If you are buying this painting as a gift, please provide us the name of the gift recipient for the certificate. We can also ship to the address of the recipient of your gift.
About Leonid Afremov Studio - https://afremov.com/visit-my-studio.html
about this painting:
GLASS OF WINE
RED AS BLOOD SWEET AS SUGAR
What do you think about wine? This alcoholic drink has been the most popular on Earth since ancient times. It used to be a daily digestive, a festive drink, a ritual elixir... The culture of wine producing and consuming is still alive in many European countries.
IN VINO VERITAS
Even though wine is so popular, there are still many things we do not know about it.
- Georgia and Armenia have the most ancient wine-making traditions. Since the 6000 A.C. they have been producing wine. However, today French wine is probably the most appreciated and expensive.
- Some doctors are sure that 100 gr of chocolate and a glass of wine a day can keep you away from the necessity to visit doctors in the future. Do you want to try? You may, but some studies also discovered that regularly consuming wine can also certain kinds of cancer.
- The tradition to clink glasses when drinking toasts came to us from Ancient Rome. It was a guarantee that no one is trying to poison the wine because while touching the glasses, the drink freely flows from one glass to another.
- The oldest wine in the world is more than 240 years! It is called “Sherry de la Frontier” and it is stored in the museum of wine in Crimea.
- Outside Europe, the biggest producer of wine is California, the United States.
- Women are better sommeliers than men, because they have a more developed sense of smelling. However, in Ancient Rome women were prohibited to drink it and could even be killed for doing that.
- Red wines are more popular than white wines. 55% of all sold wine in the restaurants in the world is red.
As you can see, wine has long existed in humans’ lives. It is an indispensable part of our cultural heritage whether we consume alcohol or not.
Leonid Afremov has depicted a glass of red wine on canvas. It is poured in a sophisticated crystal glass. Other details, like a candlestick contribute to the atmosphere of luxury and richness. A color palette adds to this sensation, since golden and sandish yellow colors are usually used to show prosperity and confidence in tomorrow.
This still life is incredibly soothing and aimed to add beauty to wherever it is, casting pleasant warm colors into the room. Wine in the glass looks tempting, and invites you to spend your evening in coziness of your home.