I would like to present my hand painted oil on canvas painting (recreation) of the artwork EVENING CALM. I made this piece with the same amount of soul and emotion just like the first original painting. This piece is created with oil paint on artistic canvas using my unique technique of a palette knife. The artwork has texture, you can feel the strokes by touching the painting. By purchasing on this site, you are buying directly from the artist Leonid Afremov. I guarantee your satisfaction and the best customer experience.
The certificate of authenticity will include the name of the owner who purchased the piece of artwork. The certificate is signed by Leonid Afremov. If you buying this painting as a gift, please provide us the name of the gift recipient for the certificate. We can also ship to the address of the recipient of your gift
about this painting:
Sailing on the yacht
Almost all of you dreamt about a voyage to some exotic country. An image by Leonid Afremov – Evening Calm –invites you to make an unforgettable journey on the yacht somewhere in the south France, along Cote d’Azur. In anticipation of something unusual, you step aboard as a captain or just as a passenger. Imagine yourself standing at the controls of a yacht or walking along the deck or lying relaxed in a comfortable chaise longue surrounded by handsome men or pretty women with their hair flying in the wind. Sometimes you approach the board to see the wild waves. You don’t want to think about anything but sea listening to the cawking of seagulls. You chose a place on the upper open deck, from where you could not only admire the surrounding sights, but also feel the freshness of the sea waves, breathe in the scent of the sea air. As soon as all your fellow travelers take their places, the yacht slowly and majestically departs from the pier. It smoothly sways on the waves. Then it begins speeding up gradually, you hear the sounds of pleasant music and forget about everything, plunging into a magical feeling of “running on the waves”. The sun smiles affectionately from the sky, and our white yacht confidently cut the sea surface, leaving a foaming trail behind it. You anticipate an amazing acquaintance with unknown places. You have already sailed far enough from the shore, and gaze enthusiastically into the distance - to the delightful line of the misty mountains. The proud peaks soar over the sea. They stretch for tens of kilometers, captivating with their beauty.
Thus, you may live far away from the ocean, it doesn’t matter – with the painting by L. Afremov you’ll always feel the spirit of the sea. If you are a traveler and an adventurer Evening Calm will make you dream of traveling to distant countries!! And who knows… Maybe your dreams will come true very soon. And one day your fate will decide to please you, and will give you a unique opportunity to make a trip on the yacht.
Sailing and yachting are recreational water sports which suggest competitions between athletes on different types of vessels mainly yachts. Yachting gained the strongest momentum in those countries where this sport was convenient to go in for due to their geographical location. Thus, yachting originated in the Netherlands in the 16th century. The word "jaght" (derived, probably, from "jagen" - "to drive", "to pursue") was first noted in the Dutch-Latin dictionary of 1599.
And know review the basic milestones in the yachting history:
- In 1718 the Nevsky Fleet established in St. Petersburg was a prototype of a yacht club.
- 1720 marked foundation of the Cork Harbor Water Club or Royal Cork Yacht Club in Ireland. It is considered to be the first yacht club in history named after a real yacht.
- Over time, yachting clubs spread throughout Europe. The London Yacht Club was opened in the end of 1813.
- 1830 is considered to be the year of the Swedish Royal Yacht League foundation (Kungliga Svenska Segelsällskabet, KSSS).
- The British Royal Yacht Squadron (Royal Yacht Squadron) was also created in 1830.
- New York is considered to be birthplace of The American Yacht Club which was opened in 1851. The annual "America's Cup" regatta – the main competition organized by the club - has been holding for one and a half century.
- The international congress was convened July 1, 1868, on the initiative of the British "Royal Victoria Yacht Club". Its main purpose was t o develop the fundamental rules of regattas.
- In November 1875 was founded the first Yachting Association. It happened in the UK.
- The first Adriatic yachting club (Opatija, Croatia) was founded in 1886.
- 1907 is another milestone in the history of yachting. This year the first International Union of Sailing: since 1996, it is named International Sailing Federation. Already by 1998, this organization bannered about 115 national federations.
- Zvezdny yacht, constructed in 1911, participated in the Olympic Games from 1932 to 2012.
- The transformation of the Yacht Racing Association (YRA) into the Royal Yachting Association (RYA) occurred in 1953.
- The first Hanseatic yacht regatta was arranged in the Baltic Sea in July 28, 1991 (now it is situated on the water area of Rostock). It is named after the medieval Hanseatic Trade Confederation.