I would like to present my hand painted oil on canvas painting (recreation) of the artwork END OF WINTER 3. I made this piece with the same amount of soul and emotion just like the first original painting. This piece is created with oil paint on artistic canvas using my unique technique of a palette knife. The artwork has texture, you can feel the strokes by touching the painting. By purchasing on this site, you are buying directly from the artist Leonid Afremov. I guarantee your satisfaction and the best customer experience.
The certificate of authenticity will include the name of the owner who purchased the piece of artwork. The certificate is signed by Leonid Afremov. If you buying this painting as a gift, please provide us the name of the gift recipient for the certificate. We can also ship to the address of the recipient of your gift.
about this painting:
The beginning of new life
Is it that simple to paint snow?
It is common knowledge that snow is white and perhaps it is for this reason that artists feel compelled to use white paint when depicting snow. It is a seemingly simple thing to do; just apply a white spot of paint onto a canvas and that's it - your snow is now ready. The truth is, you can use blue, yellow, red, brown and even green. It all depends on what surrounds it and what time of the day it is. Leonid Afremov has created quite a few wintertime paintings. You can find all of them by simply typing “winter” in the search bar on the website and enjoy these masterfully hand-painted canvases. Some of them are the end of winter pictures, or the beginning of spring, others depict midseason cold as, for example, the “Above and Beyond” painting.
The end of winter time seems to be Leonid Afremov’s favorite. Why is it so? We can make a couple of assumptions here:
- The end of winter means not only the end of the coldest season of the year. It is also the beginning of one of the most beautiful seasons, followed by everyone’s favorite summer, it can also represent the beginning of new life. Nature wakes up after a long hibernation. The sun rises higher in the sky and starts shining more brightly. The air has an absolutely different and unique smell. It’s is not as frosty and dry as in winter, and yet not so filled with blooming trees and flowers; it is also not as hot and stuffy as in summer. Everything around looks so new, promising and ready for such a fascinating season as spring.
- At this time people usually have great expectations about their future. Some of them want to start a new life. They buy gym membership or sign up for dance classes in order to have a perfect body for the upcoming summer. Some people want to quit their job and peruse the dream of being a freelancer, sub-lease their house or an apartment and live in a hot tropical country for 12 months of the year. That’s what a long winter does to some of us!
- Some people might like this time of the year because of the end of winter celebrations, as spring symbolizes rebirth and life after death.
White winter nights
What colors did Leonid Afremov use while depicting snow in his fantastic painting? We can mostly see yellow, orange and red. Maybe that is why it doesn’t look like a winter painting at all. The snow perfectly reflects the yellow glow coming from lonely lanterns in the park. It makes the canvas looks to be filled with warmth and not with usual for this time of year cold. The only thing that makes you believe it is wintertime is the sky. Look how light it is! Nights are usually quite dark in any other season. In winter the snow reflects all of the lights around and it doesn’t look so dark outside.
In the painting we can also see a couple taking a late night stroll in the park. They look so comfortable and cozy despite all the puddles and probably cold weather. Is it because they are in love? Are they young parents who finally got a chance to spend some time together and leave their precious little baby with grandparents or a babysitter? Are they an older couple that enjoys every minute of their life and doesn’t want to waste a single moment on just sitting at home?
This wonderful painting will become a great adornment to your home interior. Before buying it, you will probably ask yourself such questions as: in what room is it better to hang it; do I have enough space on the wall; is it going to look better alone or paired with another painting on the same theme or with similar colors; does it need to have a frame, etc.
Here are some tips for you on how to make this painting perfectly fit your home:
- This canvas will look great in the living room, hallway, bedroom or in the study, if you have one.
- It is quite a large painting, so it needs to be hung on the largest wall in the room. You can find more pictures with the same theme and place them together to make a nice-looking composition. Make sure not to overload the space with other interior items!
- On our website you can look how this painting will look hung by itself in different interiors. All you need to do is to click on View in the room tab and choose the color of the walls you have in your bedroom or living room.
- This particular painting will look great without a frame. You can order it to be rolled in a tube or gallery-wrapped and stretched on a wooden frame. If you choose the second option, it will be ready to be hung right after you receive it.