I would like to present my hand painted oil on canvas painting (recreation) of the artwork ALMOST MORNING 1. I made this piece with the same amount of soul and emotion just like the first original painting. This piece is created with oil paint on artistic canvas using my unique technique of a palette knife. The artwork has texture, you can feel the strokes by touching the painting. By purchasing on this site, you are buying directly from the artist Leonid Afremov. I guarantee your satisfaction and the best customer experience.
The certificate of authenticity will include the name of the owner who purchased the piece of artwork. The certificate is signed by Leonid Afremov. If you buying this painting as a gift, please provide us the name of the gift recipient for the certificate. We can also ship to the address of the recipient of your gift.
about this painting:
Spreading the sails
Ship is a very powerful and romantic symbol. This metaphor of speed, freedom and hope has been widely exploited in art for centuries. Here are some of the meanings imparted to ships by artists and poets:
- Capable of carrying heavy freights across the stormy sea surface, ships have always been seen as a symbol of salvation in dark times. Remember the Ark that literally saved the future of the earth when all hope was lost? This is probably one of the first examples of using the ship image in that context.
- In the era of Romanticism, ships, with their fluttering white sails and graceful silhouettes, signified aspiration to freedom, a promise of a better life, the power of our dreams and hopes that can carry us to distant lands just like ships running swiftly over the water. That image has been repeatedly used in 18th-19th century poetry. Just think about Child Harold and his lonely pilgrimage full of discoveries and reflections!
- At the same time, a white sail looming on the horizon can be viewed as a metaphor of long awaited news, a good omen prophesying the end of a tiring journey. It is time to come home, where it’s safe and warm, to feel steady land under your feet again and to put behind the hardships of your long voyage to finally enjoy the earned peace. So you see, a ship that leaves and a ship that returns are two different philosophies.
- And, of course, ships flying into the distance on their white canvas wings have always been compared to love. Fragile on the outside, they can endure the fiercest storms and reach the shore against all odds. When two hearts are linked, there is no power in the world that can break them. And even though the sails of your soul might be torn by the howling wind, love will keep you afloat until the sky clears up.
But even if there is no special meaning behind this figure, sea paintings with the image of ships look much more appealing than just a bare expanse of water. Knowing that, Leonid Afremov has created a series of marine views showing us the beauty of the open sea coupled with graceful yacht silhouettes against the colorful sky. This one, for example, invites us to observe a marvelous sunrise spilled over the water surface. So let’s embark on a ship booked for us by the artist and take a trip to the burning horizon…
Ghosts of the sea
Take a long and careful look at the painting. It’s amazing how the artist managed to convey the atmosphere of tranquility and peace using such an intense palette. The water and the sky seem to merge in a scattering of red, orange, crimson and violet strokes. A broad golden stripe lies across the sea surface like a guiding path for stray ships whose shadows loom vaguely on the horizon. Where are they heading in this early hour? Perhaps these aren’t ships at all, but ghosts of sunken vessels that roam the sea in the dusk? But before we can take a closer look, they melt away into the distance leaving us with our guesses… Here and there, we can already see clear patches of the blue sky reflecting in quiet transparent waves. Very soon the last flames of the sunrise will fade and the world will see a new day. But that’s another story to be told in another painting…
Great choice for every room
Taking care of your interior design is a challenging task, but Leonid Afremov makes it easier with his wonderful paintings. He obviously knows how to make a room cozier and livelier. A single look at his canvases will give you a charge of positive emotions! No wonder so many people choose his works to fill up the walls of their apartments. And this marvelous seascape is no exception. Just look at the way it is painted! These lovely colors and artistic strokes will look incredible in any interior. Here are some tips to help you along:
- Decorating your leaving room with such an amazing sample of art will give it a much more colorful and modern look.
- Hanging it in your office or personal study will inspire you in your work.
- And of course there should be a place for it on your bedroom where it will surely bring you only sweet dreams!
- You can even hang this canvas in your kitchen or bathroom and set off on a sea trip every time you take a bath!
The options are countless and it’s up to you to lay down a route for this ship in your home! Let this fabulous sea view give you a good mood every morning and fill your sails with fair wind!